“Top quality hospitality & location to boot.....”
Review of Amboseli Lodge

Amboseli Lodge
Ranked #15 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
UK
“Top quality hospitality & location to boot.....”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Gwen and Reg really know how to make you feel at home. A cup of tea on arrival & some fantastic breakfasts to start off each day. Easy parking arrangements, good facilities and a location that offers quick access to the centre of Ambleside and nearby walks. Will certainly be returning soon!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Co Durham
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Have just returned from Amboseli Lodge and had a fantastic time. Great welcome, excellent room and wonderful breakfasts. Arrived as guests and left as friends. Will definately return.

Evesham
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Great location with friendly service, what more could you want? Private parking was a bonus, the rooms clean and modern with good ensuite facilities. The owners really enjoy running the B&B, and made you feel part of their family.

Liverpool
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was the first time we had stayed in Amboseli Lodge and it certainly won't be the last. Gwen & Reg made us feel very welcome, like home from home. Our room was clean, modern and had exactly what we needed.
B&B situated near to Ambleside centre, great for restaurants and shops. Also parking at the rear was a bonus.
We thought it was an ideal base for our stay in Ambleside.

Cambridge
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Comfortable and friendly, with easy access to the centre of Ambleside, and conveniently situated to explore further afield by car or public transport. Good-sized bedroom, well-appointed bathroom, excellent breakfasts, everywhere spotlessly clean and well-decorated.

Manchester,UK
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I didn't really want to write this review as we wanted to keep this place to ourselves. Very last minute booking and couldn't have done better. the location is great, room was spotlessly clean and Gwen was a star...even when I left some clothes behind! Breakfast was extremely good and there is even parking. ..also liked the fact that unlike a number of other places they did not try to sting us for extra money when we only wanted to book one night!

scotland
Reviewed 31 March 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at Amboseli Lodge. We have stayed in a few guest houses in Ambleside and can sincerely say that this one is the best by far. We received a very warm welcome from the lovely Gwen, who showed us to our room which was at the back of the house with a lovely view of the fells. I was very impressed with the quality of furniture and fittings in the bedroom and bathroom, and the exceptionally high standard of cleanliness throughout the establishment. The bathroom was very spacious and I appreciated that it had a bath, which I took advantage of on a couple of occasions to ease my tired muscles after we had been out walking!

The breakfasts were fantastic in terms of choice and quality. As I tend not to get my "5 a day" when on holiday, I really appreciated the fruit salad, which I had along with yogurt. I also had scrambled eggs a couple of days, served on lovely wholemeal bread with seeds in it - a change from the usual boring brown bread. As a treat one day I had the American pancakes with warm maple syrup (yummy!!) and also had croissants with wee jars of jam another day. My husband really enjoyed the full English breakfast option.

Gwen and Reg were the perfect hosts - I happened to mention one morning at breakfast that it was my birthday and Gwen came through from the kitchen and sung "happy birthday" to me and handed me a birthday card and some chocs - that was such a lovely touch, the sort of thing that makes this guest house stand out above the rest.

I would highly recommend Amboseli Lodge to anyone wishing quality accommodation and good hospitality for a short break in Ambleside - we will most definitely go back there on our next trip to the Lake District.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple