My trip advisor history shows that I am pretty positive in my assessement of hotels I have visited. My reason for this is unlike some harsh critics, I want to have a good time and where possible see the best in places rather than the worst. Once again a good browse of trip advisor and ignoring picky comments has resullted in another good find.
Crow How House is an excellent standard bed and breakfast hotel. It is secluded but within walking distance of Ambleside and easy driving distance to Lake Windermere, Keswick, Buttermere and many other of the beautiful areas in the lakes. The owner John is friendly and helpful and will take time to answer any queries you have about the area. There is free wifi and access to a desktop computer.The room we occupied was very large with a flat screen TV and DVD. The bathroom was also big with a jacuzzi bath, large walkin shower, his and hers sinks. All the windows are modern double glazed with beautiful views from every one of them. The temperature in the hotel was just right, it was spotlessly clean and the food was very good. Our bed was a queen size bed with crisp sheets, soft pillows, and a large throwover.
The farm cows are nearby but if you don't like the smell of country animals perhaps you should stick to town. In any event you get used to it after twenty minutes and the smell isn't always evident anyway. The walk to the road from the hotel is rather dark and uneven so a torch or two is handy to have with you. It also helps when walking the first few hundred yards on the way to Ambleside as the road is quite dark.There is a pavement however and at night there was very little traffic on the road. This is definitely a hotel we would visit again and is worthy of the excellent and very good reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in a stunning rural setting in the historic Rydal Valley amidst the fells, this grand Victorian building was built as a farm house in 1848 from the stones of ancient Rydal Hall, before being converted into a Country Guest House in the early 1930's. Set in our own 2 acre gardens Crow How has been sympathetically renovated to provide you with a perfect base to explore the beautiful Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crow How Country Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crow How Country House Hotel Ambleside
- Crow How Country Guest House Ambleside, Lake District