“"overall not blown away"”

and 1 more site!
Park House Guest House
Ranked #62 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“"overall not blown away"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The park house is clean and modern,but our room/bathroom were very small and although the breakfast was nice the dinning area was also very small, you were literally only a few centimeters away from the next table which was a little awkward- we hardly feel like speaking to each other never mind strangers at 8.30 in the morning!!... friendly? err not especially personally we found the atmosphere a bit formal... i would be inclined to agree with the lady who said Paul wasn't flexible ; since we had arrived late we asked if perhaps we could check out maybe half in hour later which, we were told was out of the question...... having worked in customer service for a long time i'm all for service with a smile, and i think that if you show little interest and are helpful ,go that extra mile- that counts for a lot and since that was very much lacking i don't think we 'd be staying there again...Karen & Troy

Room Tip: choose front room only. we were on the side and over looking a roof top!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Just got back from staying here and recommend to it to others. Rooms are clean, breakfast is lovely and lots of variety something for everyone. Excellent location for Ambleside town centre. Owners are lovely and very friendly would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. I'd read reviews previous to staying and some people said it was very noisy in the bedrooms at the front. Apart from the odd late night reveller passing by we found it to be extremely peaceful. Fantastic location for walking to the shops and restaurants in the evening. Our host (we only met one) was very accommodating and friendly and he was even kind enough to return my expensive hair straighteners that I'd stupidly left behind! The room was very clean and there was plenty of space for clothes etc. There was no bath and the shower cubicle was a little on the small size, but very modern and clean. Breakfast was varied and very filling! I would recommend this B&B to friends.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Morecambe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have not actually stayed here but were planning to stay recently. The Park House does not allow children under 15 so we had arranged a babysitter (my mum) to look after our little boy. The day before we were due to stay, my brother who still lives with my mum found out he had chicken pox so there was no way my mum could babysit. I therefore rang the hotel to explain the situation and asked if I could change the date of our stay as we had paid for the room in full. I was told there was nothing they could do. I left it until the night before when I rang again to ask if they could sell the room, would they give me a refund - this they said they would try and do. However, I had to suggest it as they did not offer to do this! It turned out they were unable to sell the room and I did not get my money back. I feel very disappointed in the hotel for showing no compassion as we were very much looking forward to our stay at the Park House and felt they could have given a part refund at least to show goodwill. I know if we plan to rearrange our trip, we will look to book a different B&B which is more flexible.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaki04
Schwelm, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed 5 nights with Diane and Paul. It was magnificent. Their cordiality is top notch. Lost count on the number of times we have stayed with Diane and Paul. The Atmosphäre was very relaxing. The breakfast has a varied choice of good wholesome food which is cooked to perfection and there is plenty available for everyone. The room (and the whole house) was always spotlessly clean.
We would highly recommend this friendly,homely B&B with very amiable and helpful hosts, plus excellent breakfast to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
burnley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Lovely place to stay. Very warm welcome and Paul & Dianne were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very nice and clean and lots of cupboard and wardrobe space. Parking spaces avaiable. We had very good views overlooking the green.Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend this b&b to anyone visiting Ambleside. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lovely bed and breakfast . Room was spotless with comfy bed Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and we even had parking for our car . we will stay here again we got a very warm wecolme. Park House is a excellent bed and breakfast it is well located with stunning views . G&M

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple