“Very nice accommodation in a great location.”

and 1 more site!
Park House Guest House
Ranked #61 of 102 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Park House was exactly what I was looking for. Very clean, with nice proprietors, very quiet on the edge of some good walks. The full English breakfast was the best - made fresh and served very hot right off the grill. I had a single room and it was small, but just what I wanted since I did not plan to spend much time in the room except to sleep. I was able to do a wonderful six mile walk that I found in a guidebook starting about 100 yards from the front door of the Paark House.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 September 2009

Efficient and friendly on booking accommodation. Rooms were of a very high standard - the Guest House was tastefully decorated. Warm welcome from Paul on arrival. Good selection at breakfast time - excellent food. Homely atmosphere overall. Good location for all amenities - very conveniently sited.
Although no car parking on site - arrangements were in situ for guaranteed parking all day and night - didn't find this inconvenient. Unloaded the car at the door. Overall our three night stay was very enjoyable and would recommend it to friends and family. Beats hotels any day!! 0000

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

my wife and i have have seen many hotel rooms in the past this one was a good one,the actual room was spotless plenty of wardrobe space top amenaties.flat screen tv freeview,the bathroom was immaculate and modern the room it self was taste fully decorated the highlight of the trip has to be the breakfast a good breakfast is hard to find this guest house has one of the best i will definatly use again mark, steph blackpool

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Fantastic place to stay in Ambleside. Really welcoming owners, lovely modern bedrooms and bathrooms. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Near all shops, pubs, restaurants. Lovely view from the bedroom and dining room. Fantastic food. I would definately recommned this place and I will be staying there again. I have been going to the Lake District for years and this is one of the best places I have stayed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I stayed at Park House for 7 days and by the end of the week, it almost felt like home! The proprietors are friendly and knowledgeable, the breakfasts are gigantic, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The location of Park House is especially convenient for travelers without cars, as the bus stop is only one block away.

The single rooms might be viewed as small by some, however, I didn't mind my room at all. There is enough room to lay a suitcase down without having to step over it, and there is a large cupboard at the end of the bed with hangers and shelves for your things.

Park House is an exceptional Guest House, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I had a great time staying at The Park House Guest House! Though I was travelling alone, I never felt I was not at home with Paul and Diane. They welcomed me like I was a family and catered to my needs in every possible way. My room was spotlessly clean and the food was amazing! This place is the best to stay in 'coz its just 2 mins walk away from the bus station, from where there is a bus to take you to every possible destination in Lake District. It is centrally located and is walking distance from lip-smacking eating joints, the lake, a park, the info centre et al. Overall, the whole package is a steal!! Most importantly, the hosts, Paul and Diane don't leave any stone unturned to make you feel at home..
Looking forward to coming back with my family sometime in future!!

Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 21 June 2009

We had a very lovely period in this B&B. The owners are kind (they gave us a lot of useful information about the walks and the interesting things to do there) and our room was big, comfortable and really clean. Towels were changed every two days. Breakfast was excellent: we could choose among a big variety of typical english food (eggs, bacon, sausages, smoked salmon etc..) plus cereals, toasts and preserves.
The only thing is that the wireless connection didn't work, but we are not sure if it depended on our laptop.
Definitely reccomended.