“Excellent stay”

Ranked #62 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We came to Ambleside for a short break and had a very comfortable stay at Park House. Our room was exceptionally clean and we would definately go back again. Breakfast was lovely and Paul could not have been more helpful during our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Paul & Diane went out of their way to help when the house wifi had a fault. Diane even gave me a loan of her laptop so I could check my OU results!. The breakfast was very good and Paul was very friendly. The other guests were also pleased with that which was on offer.
I certainly intend to stay here again. The place was spotless. Nothing but the highest praise for my 3 night stay. Booking etc went very smoothly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I recently took my daughter to the Park House guest House in Ambleside and i though it was so much value for money, especially in these difficult times. It was a well needed break for me and some affordable, quality time with my daughter.

Both Paul and his wife Diane were warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming, the room was very comfortable, I had two nights of good sleep and more importantly the whole hosue was very clean,

The breakfast was excellent, not too hot/too cold/overcooked/undercooked, the service was not intrusive or neglectful, just right and timely.

The scenary and amenities are on the doorstep, brilliant, which we took advantage of and we also ventured further afield with the help/suggestions and directions were spot-on by Paul, the added bonus was the beautiful weather.

I have recommended this establishment to my friends and family and I hope to return in the very near future.

Sonia from Manchester

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Sheffield
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Just returned from 2 nights at Park House. Found it through Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The owners are helpful but unobtrusive. Rooms are very comfortable and clean with nice en suite. The free parking space in central Ambleside was the icing on the cake!
I don't think you'd be able to find a better combination of location, accommodation, breakfast and pleasant owners. We shall definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Just returned from a weekend break with my other half this is the 3rd time we have stayed here since it was recomended to us by my brother last year, such a friendly and welcoming place to stay. If your looking for that extra special touch this place is for you, i will be back there in a month or so we just cant get enough of this place and the lakes

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Cambridge(Linton)
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I have stayed at the Park House Guest House (PHGH) previously but this time went for a getaway with friends to celebrate finishing exams. Paul and Diane reminded me of places to go hiking, after all that stress at uni, what goes in must come out so we all had a good hike around with a bite to eat and a few drinkies at local places.
Again i cannot complain of the quality of this quaint guest house, its clean, the rooms are big and linen is always fresh (i had a great sleep after all the hiking) and cosy. I can quite positively say that i came back home relaxed and feeling totally stress free. Diane and Paul have been so helpful the times i have been so thank you both for that. Jess and Lou say hi and many thanks for the giggles we had when we arrived and thank you once again Paul for carrying our things. These guys are so accommodating and Ambleside has become one of my very favourite places and the PHGH is still perfectly priced, i'd recommend this to anyone who needs stress relief for sure.
The food was great, just as before. I wish we had butchers like yours near us!!
Hoping to go back again next year. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
brackenheim
Reviewed 7 August 2010

No complaints about his guest house. Large rooms, a little old but all comfortable and good quality. I would happily return. After my partner locked the key in e room there was no problem calling out the owner to retrieve it for us. Breakfast was large and of a good quality and service. All in all a nice little hotel with free parking in the middle of amble side!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family