“Rude and unhelpful”

Park House Guest House
Ranked #61 of 102 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 December 2010

As regular visitors to ambleside we know the area well and stayed in this B & B last year, the stay was reasonably priced and breakfast was good. We booked for my partner's birthday and were looking forward to going over this week however due to the weather the major roads were shut we were unable to make the trip over in the car. We live in newcastle and would normally travel over the a66 or a69.

When I phoned to see if we could change the booking I was greeted by a rude response, I was told we should drive 300 miles out of the way to the m62 in bad weather to get there. He was completely unwilling to go help an existing customer by rearranging a booking. I was told that it's my own fault and he wasn't willing to do anything! Not what I would have expected from a family run local business. I understand that a deposit is there in case customers don't turn up however we would have just re arranged the booking in exceptional circumstances,

We wont be returning to the b& b but will be finding another in the area as we love the lake
district.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Easily_pleased022

Reviewed 29 November 2010

It's always a struggle finding a reasonably priced B&B in Ambleside that offers great service, cleanliness, friendliness and location - the Park House delivers all this. The owners are lovely and couldn't be more accommodating if they tried. Breakfast was lovely and the choice was brilliant. The rooms are extremely clean and modern (rare for many B&B's) and beds are extremely comfortable. I'll be staying there whenever I come back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The combination of cleanliness, hospitality, and price, would be hard to better. Even the breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Just wanted to say thank you for your hospitality during our stay.

The room we had was very comfortable and suited us very well; nicely furnished and good quality bedding and soft furnishings. The breakfasts were great too!

Only downside was lack of water pressure which made for a very weak shower - although this we were told was temporary due to works in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We came to Ambleside for a short break and had a very comfortable stay at Park House. Our room was exceptionally clean and we would definately go back again. Breakfast was lovely and Paul could not have been more helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Paul & Diane went out of their way to help when the house wifi had a fault. Diane even gave me a loan of her laptop so I could check my OU results!. The breakfast was very good and Paul was very friendly. The other guests were also pleased with that which was on offer.
I certainly intend to stay here again. The place was spotless. Nothing but the highest praise for my 3 night stay. Booking etc went very smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I recently took my daughter to the Park House guest House in Ambleside and i though it was so much value for money, especially in these difficult times. It was a well needed break for me and some affordable, quality time with my daughter.

Both Paul and his wife Diane were warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming, the room was very comfortable, I had two nights of good sleep and more importantly the whole hosue was very clean,

The breakfast was excellent, not too hot/too cold/overcooked/undercooked, the service was not intrusive or neglectful, just right and timely.

The scenary and amenities are on the doorstep, brilliant, which we took advantage of and we also ventured further afield with the help/suggestions and directions were spot-on by Paul, the added bonus was the beautiful weather.

I have recommended this establishment to my friends and family and I hope to return in the very near future.

Sonia from Manchester