“Wonderful coffee and service”

The Moon & Sixpence Coffeehouse
Price range: £4 - £7
Reviewed 15 April 2019

It's rare that I feel compelled to write a review, but I've sought out the Moon & Sixpence after calling in twice whilst on holiday in Cockermouth. I popped to grab a coffee to take out for me and my wife. I was pleased to see a few options for aeropressed coffee, which is always a nice addition (either that or v50 filtered coffee) to the usual round of espresso coffees.
I chose the Barundi, and made a comment that they were popular right now. The barista suggested I tried another, that whilst the Barundi was great, this was even better. I took him up on the suggestion and didn't regret it. The strawberry notes were so vivid. One of the best cups of coffee I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. Sadly I didn't take note of what I was drinking, so if you're reading this, please let me know!
Needless to say I was back the following day for another coffee and to grab a bag for the caravan.
A great little coffee shop, and fantastic to see the local roasters getting supported too.

Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

These guys just know their business and serve the perfect coffee. One of the best Cortado's ever tasted. Service and hospitality is outstanding too

Reviewed 14 April 2019

Great ambiance, great staff, the best espresso & lovely freshly baked bread. Personally one of the best cafes I’ve been to (and I’ve been to a lot!)

Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

Lovely coffee shop, feels welcoming with friendly staff. Food/drink was brilliant. However I found the prices steep for the size of drinks you get. Think Starbucks prices. With that being said it is somewhere nice and different to go. Wish it was more spacious inside!

Reviewed 30 March 2019

Lovely coffeehouse and so freindly and homely. Coffe really nice and the cakes, what a selection amazing and so tasteful. Would reccommend a visit

Date of visit: March 2019