Ditton Lodge Bed and Breakfast
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Old Posting House(Cockermouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscolcannonsmoked haddockdouble garagelynneprivacyfridgesuitesinktowels
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Top quality bed and breakfast accommodation with friendly and helpful hosts. Breakfast was cooked to order from an extensive menu. Lynne and Alan made us feel fully at home in their lovely house and their attention to detail was second to none. Having a separate entrance to the room was an unexpected and convenient bonus.

Room Tip: The 'Pippard Suite' has separate access.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Pippard Suite was a wonderful base for three nights visiting relatives just down the road. Alan and Lynne were the most accommodating hosts - nothing was an inconvenience or too much trouble. The bed provided the best night's sleep we had during our two-week visit to the UK and the breakfasts were to die for. Cannot recommend this highly enough. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband myself and our cousin stayed two nights in Ditton Lodge when we visited relatives in the Lake District. Everything about it was fantastic. Beautiful Accommodation overlooking wonderful garden and scrumptious breakfast served overlooking the beautiful garden. Would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to the Lake District. It sits just on the edge of Cockermouth in a lovely quiet area. The lovely couple who own this Lynn and Allan made us most welcome and could not do enough to make our stay happy and comfortable. Was a great find for us and we will definitely stay again when we visit the Lake District.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie186534
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at Ditton Lodge when I was going through a tough time, when I phoned the owners new I needed to get away and my booking was taken.....At first I couldn't find the place but they even came down the drive and waited for me to arrive. I was shown to the most beautiful room all mod-cons, gorgeous bathroom with candles and toiletries such a delight and I felt I was in a five star hotel! Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, I'd scuffed my shoes and they even offered to polish them for me but I did this myself. They dropped me off at a local restaurant! Choice of breakfast is requested the night before but is truly wonderful. I loved my one night stay at Ditton Lodge,beautiful setting, beautiful towels and bedding and lovely friendly owners who are so,so helpful and want to make your stay a lovely experience! I would thoroughly recommend a break here! Superb!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights for visiting Cockermouth as we love the area and after staying here once would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing and high class experience.

the house is located nicely outside the main settlement of Cockermouth down a quiet road and set back from this road so there is no noise from traffic whatsoever.

Lynne gave us a warm welcome and looked after us extremely well. you can really tell she is passionate about the business and it completely shows in the quality of service.

the room we stayed in is an annex located to the side of the main house and it was absolutely perfect. it was spotlessly clean and comfortable with en-suite bathroom and the usual comforts you would expect. the breakfast was great both mornings and made with great care.the choice is huge and you are welcome to mix and match if required. im not a massive fan of full english's but this one was not greasy or soggy in the slightest and was very tasty.

for the price of the room you cant go wrong and its definitely worth the money. myself and my girlfriend would definitely stay here again and intend on doing so on our next visit to the Lakes. very impressed overall

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple