“enjoyable night but”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
cumbria
“enjoyable night but”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

went to the ship with a group of girls, nice interior plenty of space food good but got far to much,some might think this isn't something to complain about ,but we sent back quite a bit and I would rather have less and reduce the price,scampi and chips £11.95 I have paid this in a 4 5 star hotel but not in a pub.service ok .a bit more thought in portion size reduce price and then maybe we would have had a sweet and stayed longer.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie H

“Stuffed!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Plenty of space and very nice interior. The food is amazing and good servings, quickly served too! Would highly recommend to anyone.

Serignan Plage
“Poor service, rude, childish, but good food”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have never had such a bad experience from returning what can only be described as a horrible glass of wine!

We did however have a fantastic meal!

We were offered no deserts, no coffee's, were not asked if we enjoyed the meal so in the end we had to get up and go to the bar to pay where we were insulted again by the barman and the chef had to come out and ask him to leave.

The worst customer service i have ever experienced!

Would not recommend as ruined the whole evening!

3 Thank Topstar123
Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly pub with a nice atmosphere. Food was great, portions are sized very generously. Definitely get your money's worth. Good service. Would definitely recommend - great!

• Visited April 2014
York
“You won't go hungry here!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I last visited in a party of 4, my parents live close by so I try to visit every time I go to Cumbria. Every meal at the table was giant. You defiantly don't go hungry here. The prices and reasonable especially for the size of the dishes. Everything is well-presented and beautifully cooked. I got a burger from the specials board followed by chocolate fudge cake, and afterwards I needed a lie down to recover.

Their drinks menu has changed (for the better) since I last visited. Well kept beer and lager. They've got a big car park but it is worth calling ahead, as they're normally fully booked.