“Really something special”

The Front Room
Ranked #26 of 73 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Telephone Number:- 01900 826655
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Really something special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recommend this place very highly. It's a small room with only about half a dozen tables, but the owners take a lot of care to prepare really excellent food. There is a good selection of things on the printed menu, and a specials board which is always tempting. Over the years I've had spaghetti, aubergine bake, vegetable hotpot and lasagne. The antipasti starter is excellent, but be careful it doesn't fill you up too much before the main course. For dessert I can't see past the cappuccino trifle, which is a delight. The owners are very friendly, and will give you a guitar serenade if you're lucky. You owe it to yourself to visit this restaurant. Put it on your bucket list. I hope to be back there again very soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alastair N

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Be it for a breakfast or a meal excellent service with a freindly atmosphere. the cakes are great

We had a fantastic brunch at the Front room with a spanish omlette better than I had ever tasted. My family liked it very much. It was served with a spicy tinge along with salad which was very authentic.

For dessert we had a beautiful home-made tiramisu and cake We were very well looked after. Everyone was accommodated . The atmosphere was extremely warm and welcoming. A big thank you Will definitely be going back.

• Visited December 2013
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had a fantastic Italian Evening at the Front room with a lasagne better than I had ever tasted. Many people in our party commented on how delicious it was. It was served with home-made garlic bread and a rocket side salad which was very authentic. For dessert we had a beautiful home-made tiramisu. We were very well looked after. Everyone was accommodated including those with food allergies. The atmosphere was extremely warm and welcoming and the guitar entertainment was very well-received. A big thank you to our hosts who made the evening lots of fun. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited December 2013
“Lovely meal and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Visited here 22nd November and had a lovely meal. Table is yours for the night. Nothing was too much trouble and I couldn't fault the food at all. Even serenade by the owner when he got his guitar out and strummed a few songs. In fact my friend and I were last to leave. Give it a go....you won't be disappointed. Will go again.

Visited November 2013
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Friendly and warm welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I found this restaurant by chance on our way home. The staff were very friendly and service was good. Our starters were lovely I had the Greek Salad and my husband had mackerel pâté, both were very good. For main course I had stiffado which although nice was a bit bland, it was quite different from any stiffado I've had before, so a bit disappointing. The mash was very lumpy. My husband had chicken and chorizo, which was a lot tastier. Overall, though we thought it was a nice cosy restaurant.

Visited November 2013