“Fantastic place definitely worth a visit.”
Review of Tithe Barn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tithe Barn
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Tithe Barn is located in the beautiful market town of Cockermouth, birthplace of the romantic poet Wordsworth.Our Pub/Restaurant prides itself on its wholesome homemade food and warm wecome.Child,family and pet friendly. Join us for a hearty meal from the menu or our specials board, washed down with a selection of Jennings Real Ales.Parties,Meetings and celebrations catered for.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was in Cumbria, visiting a friend. This pub was recommended by her. It lived up to her description.

We took my two young daughters and they were made very welcome. There were toys for them to play with whilst we waited for the food.

All four meals arrived quickly, in two trips, delivered by a very friendly young waiter. We were told to enjoy our meals and to ask if there was anything else we wanted. He checked on us once during our meal. The girls finished first, he spotted this and invited them to continue playing with the toys so that my friend and I could continue to eat.

There were another couple of tables in use at the time and a few people came in for drinks while we were dining. The atmosphere was that of a real local pub, where everyone was welcome. The bar staff were laughing with people who I assume were locals, but we were included in conversations as well.

We paid our bill and began to tidy away the toys the girls had been using, only to be told to leave them and someone would see to that and for us to enjoy the rest of our day. We all left with big smiles on our faces, full if good food and happy that we had been made so welcome.
The true review came from my daughters, who wanted to go back the next day. Think that says it all!
Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Visited tithe barn for a meal with friends and wasn't disappointed food was good service was great and the management are friendly and helpful definitely visit again

1  Thank wanga28
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a works leaving do. Great food and service. Plus it's a real ale pub as well. Would recommend. It's off the main Cockermouth pub circuit so not as busy which is sometimes a good thing.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Couldn't think of a nicer pub to visit for tea. My family and I had fantastic food, delivered promptly by friendly and welcoming staff! Can't recommend it highly enough!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

we went here for my sons birthday, so as their was a few of us we opted to sit upstairs in the dining room. we ordered our food which came in stages so rather then wait and eat together we ate while it was hot. not once were we asked if our food was ok even though the manager stood in the doorway and stared at us for 5 minutes! my mam asked the manageress for the bill and the reply was "can i go for a quick smoke first" she then preceeded to stand on the landing outside the kitchen and had her smoke! we still hadnt been asked if everything was ok so we paid and left. average food and unfriendly staff

2  Thank Jayfish