The Allerdale Court Hotel
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewspay and displaylots of characterquaint hotelcentre of townour room was spaciousthe ground floorfour postereggs benedictcumbrian breakfastwould stay againbreakfast was excellentblack puddingstaff were lovelylast weekendexcellent stayone night staycouldn't fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This was our second visit to this Hotel and just as the previous time we were made to feel very welcome on arrival and throughout the stay. The room and the hotel were spotless and very comfortable. The owner and staff were very helpful and cheerful and happy to assist. We ate there at breakfast and in the evening and the food was always excellent. we would definitely recommend this Hotel and we will be back again soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

As I travel a lot (mostly in Asia) I have very high standards when it comes to hotels (we are really spoilt in Asia). I usually stay at the bigh chains (Shangri la, Marriott etc.) and so when I stay in a small family run hotel such as this one my expectations are not that high.

I was in one of the new rooms just adjacent to the one I stayed in two years ago when I visited around the same time, it was of a high standard, modern, very comfortable (I think they coated the bed in heroine or somethng it was addictive!), and there was attention to detail, for example the toilet had a paper band/seal around the cistern and lid, it;s things like that which really ake the difference. Tea coffee (and chocolate) and delicious biccies provided, and a beautiful swan made from a towel in the sink ... this hotel is really trying and they succeed in making the stay feel special, and this is backed up by the very warm welcome from Tracey on the front desk (how may hotels do i remember the receptionists name!) to Kay the owner who is always hanging around in case anything is required from a guest (it really is that good!).

The real treasure hidden in this hotel is the food, last tiem I stayed I was impressed and so my expectations were sky high ... as it turned out, nowhere near high enough. If you visit the restaurants, forget about anything else and order the seabass, it was genuinely one of the tastiest, best prepared and most enjoyable meals I have every had (and that is really saying something as I have been around).

Full makrs, do yourself a favour enxt time you are anywhwre near the Allerdale Court, it's fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms as a frist choice, but if not available the other rooms are perfectly fine (I stayed in one with a four poster bed last trip so ask for that as a second choice).
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

After arriving at the hotel, we were greeted warmly by all of the staff, a very nice dinner in the Bar and Bistro. Rooms are quirky due to age of building, but spotless and well looked after.
Easy drive out to the lakes and surrounding areas.
we were fortunate to stay there on Hogmany, and ventured downstairs for the Gala dinner, absolutely brilliant evening with again great food, staff on the evening were excelent looking after those who were at the dinner.
We will be back with friends.
D Divers

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The rooms are very spacious, mines had 2 double beds and a couch in it. You can clearly see real effort has been made to make it modern but keep the georgian look about it, top marks for that, the bath room was completely out of proportion with the big bed room. Its a quaint place to stay. The food in the restaurant was very hit and miss my starter was tiger prawn cocktail which was very nice with plenty of prawns but for 8 quid it should be. I ordered the fillet steak, I have my doubts wether it was fillet, it was burnt on the outside and lots of fat on the inside, not enjoyable at all again 21 quid, the breakfast was fine but my table had marmalade from the previous dinner, not good

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jimbo367
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We have visited the hotel on two occasions. Each time we have been made to feel very welcome. The staff are very friendly. Bearing in mind the town's experience of flooding just a few years ago the owners have done a wonderful refurb of the hotel. The executive rooms are first class. The food in the bistro and for breakfast is of a high standard but could be enhanced by having fresh local crusty bread available ie. whole meal with cafitieres of fresh coffee. Fresh flowers in the bedrooms would have been great. Cockermouth is an individual market town which is a pleasure to visit.,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family