“Excellent accommodation”

The Allerdale Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Cockermouth
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Central town location; good food served in good atmosphere very comfortable and well equipped room with good ensuite facility. Pleasant staff always willing to help. I would highly recommend this establishment for a business or leisure stay

Room Tip: Park car in public car park opposite and pay in the evening when you arrive for the first hour as th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights, Saturday to Monday (19-22 Oct 13). The owners, Kay and Mike, couldn't have been more helpful. Two of the nights were paid for by my company, but I wanted to pay for an extra night myself, plus breakfasts for my wife. No problem for Kay.
In fact every member of staff was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable.
The food was superb, especially the breakfasts. We actually ended up eating there two out of the three nights, because the dinners were so good, and reasonably priced too.
The hotel has a perfect location for exploring Cockermouth too. Room was a good size, well equipped and with an excellent bathroom.
2 minor niggles:
Car parking is a bit awkward. You can park outside the hotel overnight (6pm - 8am) and all day on Sunday, if you are lucky enough to get a spot, which I wasn't always. There is a public car park just over the road, which charges 8am - 7pm, but it can get expensive. The traffic wardens in Cockermouth are extremely keen, and I saw one miserable individual writing tickets out at 8:01 am.
One last very minor niggle. Room 203 gets humid; I suppose people are reluctant to open the windows as it is on the ground floor. Consequently, one of the windows is quite mouldy. It is a very minor point, and it will definitely not stop us returning.
Thanks, Kay and Mike, and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: No tips for the room, but watch the door by reception, especially if you're tall!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Nice clean room, very friendly staff and the best breakfast I have had in a long time!! Dinner excellent and great value. Location was excellent and made the trip really easy. Will be back without question..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RussStubbs
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is our first choice to eat now. Food is fab and not overpriced. Extensive menu without being overwhelming. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Very relaxing. Never felt rushed, just the right time given between meals. Will keep returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband & myself live locally & have had many meals here in the Carlin's bar & bistro.
Always very good food, very good service & the staff are always so helpful & friendly.
A great place for couples or families to stay.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My Husband and I arrived in Cockermouth, looking for somewhere to stay, from the moment we entered this Hotel, there was a friendly atmosphere, so much so our one nights stay turned into two. The rooms were lovely, although slightly on the warm side for us, but hey it is difficult to get the temperature right even at home, when you live in the UK. The Food was lovely both at Breakfast and in the Bistro at night. If you are looking for a quiet evening meal, perhaps Friday is not the night for you, it was lovely however to see people having fun, ......... although perhaps a Tad noisy. There was a Big Bonus for us as we had planned to visit the Jennings Brewery, whilst there and discovered that it was only yards from the Hotel!! When we left I forgot to pack my phone charger, I called them a few days later to see if it had been found, it had and they posted it back to me. What a good service, very refreshing these days.

Room Tip: It is a little noisy if you are at the front on a Friday night, but lovely, well equipped clean room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Allerdale Court Hotel on the 24/08/2013 for two nights we enjoyed it very much ,friendly and helpful staff great breakfast sets you up for the day.The evening meal was very nice ,would suggest if you want to eat at the hotel book in advance.The hotel is very well located for touring the west side of the lakes.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking the street may be a bit noisy .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockermouth
The Trout Hotel
Travelodge Cockermouth Hotel
Travelodge Cockermouth Hotel
#8 of 9 in Cockermouth
Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel

Been to The Allerdale Court Hotel? Share your experiences!