“Relaxing Break”

The Allerdale Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cockermouth
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Lovely friendly Hotel, staff are excellent, location is great food excellent and it is only 8 miles from Keswick. We had a lovely 2 night break here room was dated but very clean looking forward to our next visit !!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are slightly noisy but are worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I arrived late in the evening around 20:00hrs, the hotel has on street parking, or availability in a public car park overnight.

The hotel looked smart from the outside, on walking in I was met with a fantastic smile and very warm welcome by the receptionist who was also looking after the bar.

Check in was fast and efficient, and I was shown up to my room, the room was clean and spacious, with what looked like new furniture inside. The room itself was in good condition with a nice quirky floor that comes with the age of the building.

In the room was a lots of local information detailing lots of things to do locally if on a leisure break. A note for dog owners, do check with the hotel first, but I did see that the hotel offered the opportunity for families to take their breakfast in to a separate lounge area where dogs are allowed in compliance with all rules and regulations etc., I thought a very nice touch for walkers etc.

I had my evening meal and breakfast in the hotel, service was top notch, food was fantastic, only thing left to say is that if in the area again, I would definitely return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stumbled upon the Allerdale Court Hotel one evening whilst looking for somewhere to eat. Really friendly, efficient restaurant. Good range of dishes. We liked it so much we are booked in for a few days in December and with our dogs! Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My daughter had travelled from Reading to stay with her boyfriend in Cockermouth ( long distance relationship) for the weekend so I decided to travel from Ipswich to meet them for dinner on the Saturday night, collecting my wife in Cheshire ( another long distance relationship) on the way.

The Allerdale Court Hotel is situated in the centre of town, in walking distance of everywhere so nice. A trip to Wordsworth's house is worthwhile if only to note the oddity of a room with lyrics from a McFly song written on the one of the walls (officially!!)

The room was lovely and previous comments on the friendliness of the owners and staff is absolutely correct. It has a nice feeling of home from home. We had a great time over dinner and late drinks with my daughter with the added plus that I really like her boyfriend.

This establishment is well worth a try just for the homely feel it manages to create but trust me the Full English breakfast is as good as you will find anywhere in the country and I've tried quite a few.

When we return to Cockemouth, it will be to the Allerdale Court.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Central town location; good food served in good atmosphere very comfortable and well equipped room with good ensuite facility. Pleasant staff always willing to help. I would highly recommend this establishment for a business or leisure stay

Room Tip: Park car in public car park opposite and pay in the evening when you arrive for the first hour as th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights, Saturday to Monday (19-22 Oct 13). The owners, Kay and Mike, couldn't have been more helpful. Two of the nights were paid for by my company, but I wanted to pay for an extra night myself, plus breakfasts for my wife. No problem for Kay.
In fact every member of staff was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable.
The food was superb, especially the breakfasts. We actually ended up eating there two out of the three nights, because the dinners were so good, and reasonably priced too.
The hotel has a perfect location for exploring Cockermouth too. Room was a good size, well equipped and with an excellent bathroom.
2 minor niggles:
Car parking is a bit awkward. You can park outside the hotel overnight (6pm - 8am) and all day on Sunday, if you are lucky enough to get a spot, which I wasn't always. There is a public car park just over the road, which charges 8am - 7pm, but it can get expensive. The traffic wardens in Cockermouth are extremely keen, and I saw one miserable individual writing tickets out at 8:01 am.
One last very minor niggle. Room 203 gets humid; I suppose people are reluctant to open the windows as it is on the ground floor. Consequently, one of the windows is quite mouldy. It is a very minor point, and it will definitely not stop us returning.
Thanks, Kay and Mike, and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: No tips for the room, but watch the door by reception, especially if you're tall!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Nice clean room, very friendly staff and the best breakfast I have had in a long time!! Dinner excellent and great value. Location was excellent and made the trip really easy. Will be back without question..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RussStubbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockermouth
The Trout Hotel
Hundith Hill Hotel
Hundith Hill Hotel
#8 of 9 in Cockermouth
Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel

Been to The Allerdale Court Hotel? Share your experiences!