“Excellent”

The Allerdale Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Cockermouth
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at Allerdale Court last night. Very impressed by the service. I had a lot of bags and two members of staff helped me carry them up to the room. I had booked an economy single which was clean, comfortable and excellent value. Free wifi is a definite plus. The public areas are well presented. Would definitely go back. The only downside of the hotel is that it has no parking so you have to either use a pay and display car park or park outside the hotel. Parking was free between 7pm and 8am, but this was a slight inconvenience nonetheless.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have not stayed here but think we might, but we have had two very good meals here we were met by very happy staff on a busy friday night in march but they said they could squeeze us in they did warn us we might have to wait a while for food as they had a big party in up stairs but we were not bothered about that so we ordered steaks and when they came they were very good brill chips and all the trimings we also had a berry cheese cake that was also very good ,over all a great night with good food and good staff well done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

there is no parking facility so had to park in public car park across the way for a charge. Also there is no bathtub in my room however the bathroom was tastefully decorated and quite high spec. Good location and walking distance to high street.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here on valentine's night in room 201 on the ground floor which was ideal for my partner who is a smoker. There is a door in the room which opens onto a courtyard for a smoke.The room was spotless. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Plenty of bar's just down the road.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed just one night (shame) but very impressed with character, ambience, friendly staff, excellent evening meal (we were able to congratulate the chef when he went off duty) and breakfast. As a CAMRA member I was also impressed with the range and condition of cask ales available. Excellent room faclities and although the 4 poster bed was too high for my height- challenged wife it added to the fun, so we didn't ask for a room change!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I stated here while away with work, the location of the hotel for my trip was great, the room I had was a single, a bit on the small side but it was clean & comfy. Lovely bar area in reception and very helpful staff. The breakfast I had was fantastic, very fresh and tasty. Nice place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Having just got back from a lovely stay at the Allerdale Court Hotel for New Year, very very friendly staff from the receptionist when we arrived, to the maids "good morning" this morning.
Rooms very clean, also had a meal on New Year's Eve, which was very nice, but the breakfast/brunch the next day was really lovely starting with Buck's Fizz or Bloody Mary, then full English and also steak ( which was huge) and eggs to choose from.
Would definitely stay here again, thoroughly enjoyed my stay, thanks again for making us so welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockermouth
The Trout Hotel
Hundith Hill Hotel
Hundith Hill Hotel
#8 of 9 in Cockermouth
Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel

Been to The Allerdale Court Hotel? Share your experiences!