Old Posting House(Cockermouth)
Travelodge Cockermouth(Cockermouth)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
US$112
All reviewspublic car parkpay and displaylots of characterquaint hotelcentre of townour room was spaciousthe ground floorstaff were all friendlyeggs benedictcentral locationexcellent hotelbusiness tripwould stay againcumbrian breakfastbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastexcellent stay
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I travelled here from London and arrived late. I got to my room and was very disappointed, £95 and no room to swing a cat! No where to put anything managed to find a space on the floor for my case. The pillows and duvet made me urge through the smell of stale sweat! The pillow cases and duvet cover were clean but an investment in new wouldn't harm! The bathroom was nearly the same size as the bedroom with old smelly towels (bring your own if you come here). The shower worked well but had to hold up the head due to it dropping back to one position every time. No need for an alarm there is a yapping dog that wakes you up at 0620. Going to find somewhere else for breakfast I don't think I want to risk it. Really was a bad experience, I won't be using again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Allerdale several times over the past years and it gets better every time. Large well presented rooms which get a clean stylish redecoration, great breakfast spread and quality, good little bar and in the central square.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over the Easter weekend, and made this booking very last minute. Staff are so friendly, Mark who checked us in could not have been more helpful. Rooms are quite standard, with very thin walls, but warm and comfortable. Was really impressed to receive two massive chocolate Easter bunnies on our pillows, a really lovely touch. Best hotel breakfast we have had, really delicious and good selection. Easy proximity to explore the lakes, would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Mixed review down stairs is lovely but the room we had was damp and dirty. The breakfast was lovely but if we could have moved rooms we may have had a better experience. We even tried to move hotels. Glad I stayed for the breakfast, which was good. Staff were also very polite and helpful. It's a shame about the accommodate which was smelly despite the big air fresher in the wardrobe we had to leave the doors open. You can see from the photos the room is sadly lacking. No sure we got the dreadful room because we were here for one night and it was fully booked. But the standard unfortunately gives English B&B's a bad name.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

As a party of six we simply wanted a cup of tea and the man at reception could not have made us feel more welcome. He served up a cracking pot of tea and some truly delicious shortbread biscuits - surely homemade. What we were charged was exceptionally good value but I have to repeat how impressed I was to be made to feel so welcome just for a cuppa. Well done that man, well done Allerdale for employing and/or training that man and well done Cockermouth for making us feel so welcome to your town.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family