“Weekend stay”
Review of Hundith Hill Hotel

Hundith Hill Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Cockermouth
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I cant praise this hotel highly enough. In a beautiful location surrounded by immaculately kept gardens, this hotel is a lovely place to stay. I booked a family room and when the staff realised that we were three adults not two adults with a child, we were immediately offered an extra bedroom for free. Our rooms were comfortable and clean and our evening meal was delicious with lovely homemade chips. The staff were very welcoming and attentive, particularly Jack Sewell and Chloe O'Neil who were extremely professional whilst being friendly and helpful. They are both a major asset to the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back and stay for longer next time. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in this area - look no further!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJones396
There are newer reviews for Hundith Hill Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are looking for old world quality then this is the place, good quality food great service from hotel team rooms clean and fresh atmosphere relaxing hotel convenient for touring the lakes hundith hill hotel really worth a visit if any locals are planning an event then check hundith hill hotel out first

Room Tip: Family ask for court yard rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you're looking for a good quality small hotel convenient for both lake district and coastal attractions with very tasty food, a good variety menu and relaxing atmosphere, then Hundith Hill is definitely worth a visit. The staff are attentive to detail whilst being most welcoming and friendly. My wife and I have stayed regularly in extremely comfortable rooms (including beautiful views of the Lorton valley and surrounding fells) and also visit with family for various occasions including an appetising Easter Sunday lunch.

Room Tip: There are a good variety of rooms both on ground level and upper levels to suite a range of personal...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I Located Hundith Hill on the internet, while looking for a central base for the Western Lakes, to find possible trade for my company. The Hotel is on the outskirts of Cockermouth and only a short travel time to Keswick, Ambleside and Penrith etc.

I found the staff to be friendly and attentive and the food to very good with very generous portions, not good if your on a diet. The room I was given was outside in a courtyard area and I was able to leave my car outside the room, which I liked.

The room was large and very clean with a good view over the surrounding Countryside, I will be returning again shortly, and look forward to sampling more from the menu.

I booked my room directly over the phone after looking on the hotels web site and got a free upgrade when I arrived at the Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a two night stay in March at the Hundith Hill and had a enjoyable stay, we booked direct on the hotels web site and got what i would say was a good deal for bed and breakfast. We had a warm welcome at reception and the young lady helped us plan our two days with places to visit and the best routes.

On the first night we had a bar meal with a table that looked out over the lawn and fells which was very pleasant, the meals were good quality and of a good sized portion, breakfast the following morning was of the same quality.

Our room also looked out over the view that we enjoyed with our meal, we had a pleasant couple of days at the Hundith and will probably return later on in the year, as there was many locations that we did not get time to check out.

Room Tip: ask for a room that looks out over the fells and Lawn
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My sister had her wedding it is a very special places to go to it safe and looks over fells and it near cockermouth as well and I did stay and they breakfast are out of this world and it family run as well so I will give a 10/10 the best

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights during the week

Checked in and booked a luxury room..... which was found to have holes and burns in the carpets and damaged wallpaper.

Had dinner in the bar menu which was good and good portions.

Breakfast was poor,not much choice and they were serving 12 day out of date yogurts!

Didnt eat any more in the hotel as didnt trust their food anymore.

Service was poor for dinner. ...took drinks away without asking if we wanted more drinks....

Reported room and yoghurt issue and manager reduced my room rate to apologise. I expected a little more discount for the issues but there was no offer to move me to another room.

Wouldn't return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank craigmmorq4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockermouth
Embleton Spa Hotel
Broughton Craggs Hotel
Broughton Craggs Hotel
#6 of 9 in Cockermouth
Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel

Been to Hundith Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!