“Pleasant evening”

Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: French, Italian, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Honest Lawyer Restaurant provides a fusion of French Italian influenced English style cuisine. Cooked fresh on the premises by our chefs using ingredients that are locally produced and sources and served with a wide range of wines from around the world, beers ,spirits ,liquors and soft drinks etc.
St Bees, United Kingdom
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We had the set menu for the price food was good, service was efficient and friendly, music was really good. Not gourmet but for the price I was very happy I will be back

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have our favourite restuarants in Cockermouth, including Tarantella and The Terrace, but had never tried the Honest Lawyer until recommended by friends. Well, what have we been missing. Excellent all round - service, food, drinks / wine, value. There is a very small external balcony over the river Cocker if the weather is kind.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David S
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food And Nice Surroundings”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Food was presented well and tasted amazing. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Good wine list and choice of drinks.

• Visited August 2014
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I am a big follower of TA. We were staying in the Trout and have eaten there a few times so wanted to try something different. Night of the 14th august around 9pm

Good reviews and looked like a tasty menu.

The young staff were very helpful. Starters were good.

Main meals however were such a disappointment. My wife had salmon with scallops and the scallops were so overcooked they were actually burnt. The salmon looked ok, but was slightly dry.

My tasting pork plate was just as game. The loin was overcooked and dry, the confit of belly was dry ( don't know how this is possible) and the liver was black.

I really wanted to like this place as the staff, place, atmosphere were lovely. The chef may have being having a bad day, but if he/she is new think about a replacement?.......

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Nigelandsusan
Cockermouth, England, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was a spur of the moment evening and we had not booked. We had been to this restaurant before when it had been run by previous owners and were less than impressed. This evening the staff were friendly and attentive. We had drinks in the bar whilst we ordered our food and the wait was minimal. The fish cake starter was very tasty and the tomato, mozzarella, avocado and basil salad was very fresh. The asparagus and pecorino tortellini was delicious but too much for me to finish. My husbands lamb was amazing - I wish I could make shoulder of lamb taste like that! There were 6 tables in and the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. The background music was good and not intrusive. One negative comment if I have to, we had to ask for our wine twice, but it was soon brought to the table with an apology. A lovely, unplanned evening and we will be returning.

Visited August 2014