“Very good ambience”

Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Spotted Pig is a stylish and cosy country pub. The food is local where ever possible, fresh and cooked to order. The wine & beer list has been specially selected to compliment the food, which changes frequently, depending on the season and ingredients available. We pride ourselves on a welcoming atmosphere and hope to offer you food and drink that is a little bit special, that you can't find anywhere else.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Country pub atmosphere with rustic interior. Friendly ,smiling staff. Usual pub grub of average quality at just below average prices but the chef's specials were well received by my fellow diners. these were at competitive prices. Good beer on offer,and the wine was acceptable. Comfortable furniture, cosy ambience, unstuffy atmosphere. We dined mid week and had plenty of room, deserves more custom.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

9 of us sat down at 1800hrs on Tues 17 June and enjoyed very generous portions of really good pub grub, served by excellent staff and for a reasonable price.
This place should be busier than it was. Good pint of beer too!
Thanks

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a lovely little place, I love the room inside it feels so warm and homely. I think the prices are reasonable, especially compared to some other places close by. The food was nice, just pub meals as you would expect. Nothing fancy, but lovely. The staff were very nice.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Felt good from the moment we walked in,lovely decor and furnishings and friendly welcoming staff,all very young.The menu had a great choice my girlfriend plumped for the Thai fish cakes though i was boring and went for Cumb Saus!!Both were very nice though my g/f was pleasantly surprised at the size of the fish cakes on a lovely bed of salad.Excellent attentive service without being OTT as some places can be.Decent value at £25 with 2 drinks and 2 coffees thrown in.
When we come to pay we were given a biz card and flyer promoting "food nights" which i thought was a very good idea and we shall defo return!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We dropped in here on a late Sunday afternoon for some food and it was excellent. I had the homemade steak pie which came with homemade chips and it was just what I needed. Chunky steak pieces and lovely pastry, I'd recommend it for sure. My partner had the gammon and she said that was equally as good. The service was great and the bill was reasonable. We will be going back.