“Little wonder it rates so highly!”
Review of Coffee 'n' Cream

Coffee 'n' Cream
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Cockermouth
Cuisines: British
Lancashire
“Little wonder it rates so highly!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wanted a lunch but pubs had stopped serving food... saw Coffee and Creme and thought it looks nice! It was ... food was excellent and as it was a warm and sunny day the ice cream floaters reminded us of childhood days! Add to this we were made a fuss of ... and the nice lady behind the counter brought or pampered pooch water and a biscuit,,, HUGHLY recommended!

• Visited May 2014

Telford, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Breakfast, Light Lunch or Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

On very rainy day in May this was our refuge and so glad we popped in. Coffee was very nice and our Teacake and Coffee Cake very tasty. Saw some lovely looking all day breakfasts and sandwiches at other tables. Given what some place charge these day I thought £6 was excellent for what we had. The service was excellent and the ladies couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alex S
Scotland
“Sunny side of the Street”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stopped here for a coffee, and sat outside on the cafe outdoor seats. The area was a sun trap and the warmth of the sun was so welcoming in March. I was able to people watch and enjoy the day pass in warmth and comfort.
The coffee was delicious and the staff brought the drink outside . The staff were friendly and welcoming . Lots of homemade cakes and sandwiches for the peckish. An inside seating area seemed small but adequate.
It was good to see Cockermouth well recovered from the devastating floods of 2009. A thriving little town

• Visited March 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“worth a visit - but don't have tuna mayo toasty on brown!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We called off for lunch here having read the reviews on TripAdvisor. The café is very clean and the staff very friendly. My husband had baked potato with coleslaw and I ordered a brown tuna mayo toasty. My husband's food arrived very quick, however there was a problem with my toasty as apparently the "mayo" doesn't go very well with brown bread as it burns. This was explained very apologetically by the lady who duly brought me my re cooked toasty. Whilst it was tasty it was still very "toasted" i.e. hard. If this is a problem, which the lady suggested it was, then maybe it shouldn't be an option on the menu. I could easily have gone for the breakfast but this wasn't shown on the menu although it was, as my husband pointed out, displayed in the window. On saying all this I would go back but would just make a different selection from the menu.

• Visited March 2014
Northumbria
“"Now that's what I call a breakfast!"”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

If you were planning a trip around the world leaving after breakfast, a real old fashioned breakfast of bacon and egg and all that goes with it, I heartily recommend this cafe because its right in the middle of town, great service and a real feelgood air about the place.

• Visited February 2014