“Lovely old style tea shop”

Beatfords Country Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 74 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very friendly tea shop, very good service.
Lovely food, I had a sandwich that came with lots of salad on the side, really fresh and tasty.
There was lots of chat between regular customers and staff, obviously a popular place.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My Husband and I visit Cockermouth regularly and have never been disappointed with both the quality of the food and the service!! Always a cheery hello on entering and a lovely tea-shop atmosphere!! I had a jacket potato with tuna and my husband had a jacket with cheese and beans!! Both were served with fresh salad (delightful). The homemade scones are to die for especially with loads of rum butter!! (all low calorie of course!!!!!!)
Will be back again and again!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lovely and homely with a nice welcome. We visited for coffee and cakes. Everything was delicious - best mars bar cake I have ever tasted! Service was great, we were served very quickly. We found the staff very pleasant and we would definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Tucked away in a little shopping area, this cafe is one you might find by accident - and then keep going back to.
The staff are friendly and attentive, the food is good quality, whether hot or cold meals and they also do special occasions.
I've never been disappointed, including their warm, welcoming decor and level of cleanliness.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Found this little place after getting up and walking out of another around the corner. So glad we did. Really delicious toasties and a proper tea shop feel. Bit of a deep clean wouldn't go amiss (radiators/toilets/carpet etc) but the food was good.