“Amazing!”

Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Wine Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cumbria
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you are ever in Cockermouth a must visit!
This was an Italian sharing platter for two and lots of other yummy things all washed down with a glass (or two) of Corvina-amazing. Meal for two including nibbles and drinks came to £15 each. The Silver and Green antipasti is seriously good, as are the homemade tapas, dips, wine, meats.... Service was fantastic, very friendly polite and attentive. All this despite being completely full and very busy. Also been for coffee, which was one of the best flat whites I have tasted. It is so nice to see a new venture run by passionate people becoming so successful. Shame some people have complained about the closing time, but by the looks of it Shill's is trying to do something a bit different and going for the early doors, light dinner market. Somewhere to go after work, not after dinner. Also very impressive to see staff in at 10am serving coffee and still have a smile on their face cleaning up after dinner service and a long shift! Looking forward to coming back in a couple of months to see how things are progressing and trying different tapas. Only downside? Not being able to try everything on the menu!

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Couldn't wait for Shill's to open and weren't disappointed, we have been a couple of times now and the tapas is delicious, didn't know what to choose ! , Wendy is and excellent cook and it shows in the food, all the staff are welcoming . Well done !!

Geneva
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect pairings”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Four of us enjoyed servings of soup, a vegetarian platter, and a quiche that was perfectly paired with an Argentinian semillon white wine. All of the food was well-prepared and presented, tasting better than similar plates served in the best cafes of Paris and San Francisco. The menu and wine selection offers options to suit any palate. One of the nice features of the restaurant is that the deli located below offers the wines for sale and a wonderful selection of artisan cheeses and associated ecoutrements. We highly recommend you share in the joy we experienced dining here.

1 Thank Clive C
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top-Notch, what an experience!!!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have visited here on three occasions and I have found the food to be delicious, the wine sublime and the atmosphere warm and welcoming.

On the first occasion I only had time for a coffee (and a quick nose around the place), whilst waiting for my girlfriend shopping in Sainsbury's. The coffee was lovely and it was the perfect place to sit and read my book!

My second time in Shills, I had an evening meal and we both enjoyed it so much, we planned a trip with our friends the following evening. The service was exceptional and the young server explained that the owners previously had the delicatessen on Station Street...another of my Cockermouth favourites.

On the third visit, my only intention was to have a drink with friends, but not one of us could resist having a nibble or two...or five! All four of us thoroughly enjoyed the Tapas and are looking forward to getting back as soon as possible.

Shills, see you soon!

• Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Epic platters”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I visited Shills for a bite to eat having already been thoroughly impressed with the deli on Station Street, and I was not disappointed. The menu presented a variety of mouthwatering dishes and I would recommend the vegetarian platter as a great snack. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. I cannot wait to return for an evening meal and to sample some of the amazing wine on offer.