“The croft guest house, run with passion.”
Review of Croft House

Croft House
Ranked #1 of 15 Cockermouth B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The croft guest house, run with passion.”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I Stayed at eddies and Barbara’s guest house in this week, we had 2 double rooms , and I must say I was surprised by the level of luxury and detail that has been put into the whole experience , from the bath robes supplied to the excellent breakfast nothing was too much trouble for these two hoteliers,
The croft is situated just off the main street with its bars and restaurants close by,
I have stayed in places for three times the price and thought the Croft knocked spots of them all.
The rooms were spotless with tea and coffee making as well as nice touches like fair trade products, chocolate biscuit and a bowl of sweets, and decent toiletries in the ensuite.
As said breakfast was lovely, with a good selection of fruit, drinks and cereal, nothing was too much trouble and the full English with choice of eggs was most welcome.
Keep up the good work you two and thanks for your hospitality, I would certainly recommend the croft for a comfortable and pleasant stay in Cockermouth.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the top floor would be good , as its an old building and floor boards above you can...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here in August, 2012 while touring the Lakes District with my wife and 2y old son. The place was recommended and co-ordinated by the manager of the Tithe Barn restaurant around the corner (good spot for food near-by...see my review). Despite arriving quite late (10p), Eddy took us in and fixed us with the last available room. Room was very nice, very clean and modern. Wifi worked great. He even gave us a bit of deal on the rate as it was two single beds instead of a queen/king. As other reviews have mentioned, the best part about this place is the fantastic breakfast. Very nice continental-style buffet table in addition to your a la carte entree. I had smoked salmon and eggs. Brilliant! Eddy provided us with a binder of information on Cockermouth and local day-trips and recommended a couple of spots, including Rannerdale, which proved to be an absolutely stunning hike.

It's not on the main strip of town but do yourself a favour and find this place. It's great, you'll be glad you did.

Thanks Eddy!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ive read everyones reviews and i think i cant improve apon Eddies spotless record.
Anyone whos looking at a town to stay at to explore the Lakes district should consider
Cockermouth and most definatly the Croft Guest House. I cant figure out how he does it all for such a reasonable price. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on my recent cycling trip through northern England. Cockermouth is a charming market town that did not feel touristy at all. Croft House is on a side street off of the main street and easy to find. It's within a couple minute walk of a number of pubs and restaurants. On arrival, I was shown to my room by the extremely friendly Eddy. My room happened to be the room which has bunks for children. It was obviously spacious enough for one, was well decorated, and spotlessly clean. Bedding was comfortable and I slept fairly well my one night there. Wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast was the best I had in England the entire trip (with the best black pudding of anywhere that I stayed). If I had one complaint, it would be that there was a lot of ambient noise the night I stayed, from people coming in and out of the guesthouse and going up and down stairs, to someone doing ?utility work just outside my window. However, that does not keep me from recommending it and I would come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank soonerfaninbhm
Atherton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at Croft House in Cockermouth in September,this is the third time we have visited and again we were not disappointed. The room was very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Plenty information about where to go & what to do in the delightful town of Cockermouth.
We walked around and visited a local pub before going to one of the many restaurants for a very good Italian meal .Back in the guest house we found the bed extremely comfortable and tea fand coffee facilities in the room before facing one of Eddie & Barbaras fantastic breakfasts. the food was very well prepared and tasty with nothing too much trouble to get for us.overall a place not to be missed.

Room Tip: The down stairs room is excellent but a little extra cost.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Fabulous place. We stayed in the superior room, which was lovely. All newly decorated and modern well equipped bathroom. Great breakfast with specials on every day. Eddie very pleasant and helpful. Great location - close to town centre and many bars and restaurants. Good base for a walking holiday. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Oggiesj
maryport cumbria
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Fabulous BnB accomodation, our first visit but certainly wont be our last, we were made welcome from the moment we arrived, spotlessley clean, excellant breakfast and a good nights sleep what more could you ask for.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockermouth
Travelodge Cockermouth Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bassenthwaite
The Pheasant Inn
The Pheasant Inn
#4 of 5 in Bassenthwaite

Been to Croft House? Share your experiences!