“I'm not a vegie !”

Price range: US$4 - US$45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

In a quaint part of town, with a homely setting and friendly atmosphere, you don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy a fantastic meal here. I love this place, the food is very well prepared, beautifully presented and the owners are warm and professional. Well worth a visit especially in early autumn - I love wild mushroom!

2  Thank Mimi66Nimes
There are newer reviews for Quince & Medlar

Reviewed 7 May 2014

fantastic food! full of flavour! veggie food I find is always so much better than food with meat in it as they really make an effort to make all the veg work together to make it unique and the flavours worked so well together! went for grandma's birthday with mum and aunty! lovely personal fell to the restaurant. very friendly service. we're all really happy with this! coming back again :)

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at the Quince and Medlar several times over the years and just wish we lived closer! The food is lovely and the service excellent - attentive but not intrusive. Wines are all organic and good value for money. All in all highly recommended

1  Thank orielh
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have eaten at Quince and Medlar many times since Colin and Louise took over some 25 years ago. We have never been disappointed - quite the opposite, we are always delighted with our evenings there. Our visit last thursday brilliantly rounded off what had been a lovely holiday. Louise is the perfect hostess and makes every effort to make sure everyone feels welcomed and looked after. The food has always been excellent and continues to be so. It is beautifully cooked and presented using fresh ingredients in imaginative and tasty ways. We have always been amazed by the way in which courses balance and complement each other. We are not vegetarians but each visit inspires us to go home and try some of the ingredients, combinations and skills we have experienced - this time we have to master the delicious gnocchi starter!

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We are new to the Vegan/Veggie world and Quince & Medlar delivered on all fronts. Warm welcome for us and the youngsters. Made to feel right at home immediately. Service was great.
As for the food, I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where I've wanted absolutely everything on the Menu. So much choice and it certainly lived up to expectation. A huge hats off for home making absolutely everything. I was only disappointed that I got full and couldn't try everything! Will definitely visit again and again and again!!

1  Thank Pete Q