After booking a break at The Old Post Cottage, we found a bad review on this site which made us think about cancelling the booking. However, we decided to give Coppermines Lakes Cottages a go given the other good reviews we had seen. Very glad we did! We loved the cottage and although we shared the accommodation with a few cobwebs, considering the age of the building, we really didn't mind and felt it all added to the character. The cottage is slap bang in the centre of the village and we found that the advertising boards covering the windows in the main living area was more a plus than a minus - gave us a bit more privacy. The bathrooms, etc were clean for our arrival and we didn't mind that we were asked to tidy up before we left - only fair that the place isn't left in such a way that someone else has to spend all day cleaning it. We also met the owner and found him pleasant to speak to, along with another member of his staff. It was our first trip to the Lake District and we thoroughly enjoyed our break. We would like to return and wouldn't hesitate to book another cottage through this company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a range of over 80 individal and unique holiday cottages in the Lake District sleeping from 2 to 35 people. Cottages of quality and character, all independently graded by VisitBritain to three, four & 5 star standard. Cottages sleep from 2-35 people and we can offer a choice of properties to meet guests specific requirements from cosy traditional 300 year old cottages with lots of character to modern village centre cottages. Cottages are available for full weeks, weekends or mid-week shortbreaks. Pets Welcome. We can offer cottages suitable for families, larger groups, house parties, and romantic weekends; cottages with lake views, log fires, spectacular views, walks from the door and all set in the beautiful landscape of the Lake District with easy access to the lakes and mountains.Full property descriptions, lots of photos, prices, special offers and live availability can all be viewed on our web-site. For further assistance please call our reservations office in Coniston where all our team have first hand knowledge of all our properties. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Coppermines & Lakes Cottages Hotel Coniston
- The Coppermines And Lakes Cottages
- The Coppermines & Lakes Cottages Coniston, Lake District