“Absolutely Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Tethera Cottage

2014 garden completed May
Fields behind the cottage
Pure escapism
The amazing view from the Coal Yeat Estate
Compact yet spacious fully integrated kitchen
Local scenery will blow you away
Stunning mountain backdrop
Large lawn in the garden
Games room with pool, table tennis and darts
Our fell road access - a million miles from everyday life
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ianrobert...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed 12 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Tethera is in the perfect location, amazing views in the heart of amazing scenery. The cottage has everything you need, a home from home if you don't want to do anything else apart from making the most of this beautiful place. However just a short drive away you have lovely places like Ulverston and Coniston.

Cruiser67...
“Cosy wood fired/cake/wine/experience”
Reviewed 9 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

we were working rather than on holiday but our holiday mood soon kicked in after the first glass of wine and the warmth of the log fire stimulated the second glass.
we will be back.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Management Response
23 Oct 2017
Hello, Thanks for taking the time to review. So glad to hear you enjoyed the accommodation. I have to admit I was slightly worried when I saw you'd only offered a three bubble review. With regards to the location, yes it you do have to drive, but this is the case with most locations in the Lakes, unless you are in the main honeypot tourist locations of Bowness or Keswick. Lots of folk love the remote and special location of Coal Yeat. It's not far at four miles from the shops or restaurants. We never try and hide it's location in fact positively promote it, however completely understand it's not for everyone.

I urge anyone reading this review to please call and have a chat if you have any questions about the property. I always answer honestly. I would rather miss out on a booking than have someone disappointed in their holiday choice
Maggie K
Essex, United Kingdom
“Modern, secluded cottage with spectacular views”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

This is an excellently decorated, comfortable cottage in an isolated setting with spectacular Lakeland views. The owner's home was onsite along with two other holiday lets and a couple of residential properties.
My only (minor) criticisms are that it would have been very useful to have had a washing machine in the cottage; however, the owner was extremely helpful about this. Also, there were not enough cups so although there was a dishwasher, we soon ran out and had to wash up cups in the sink every day!
If you are a dog lover, holidaymakers are welcome to bring their dogs - we haven't got one, but the owner's dog was so sweet and friendly and I miss seeing him around!
We enjoyed meals out at The Farmers Arms in Lowick, The Old Farmhouse in Ulverston and The Church Inn in Torver.
Overall, we had a great holiday in Tethera and would recommend it to anyone, but it is essential to have a reliable car due to its isolated situation.

Management Response
13 Jul 2017
Hi Maggie,

I am so glad you had a good time. We discussed the washing machine prior to you booking and was glad I was able to help you out with a few loads. My only wish is that you had mentioned the mug situation to me during your stay. I do not know such things are a problem unless people tell me. I would have happily provided you with mugs within 24 hours (perhaps even less as I'd have nipped into Ulverston for you). I hate to think that such little things impact on peoples holiday. I do not have a crystal ball, so am really glad when people pass on information like this. I have since bought another four mugs to bring the total in Tethera to 11.

In reaction to this I shall include a maintenance sheet with the welcome pack so people can alert me of any future problems.

We hope to welcome you again soon

Emma
Experienc...
“Perfect pet-friendly cottage”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in September 2016

Excellent well equipped cottage in a superb location, perfect place to relax and chill.
Wonderful view and walks.

Your age range 50-64
Donna L
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Breathtaking views and starry skies at night”
Reviewed 13 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This was my first experience of the Lake District and it definitely won't be my last. We booked Tethera cottage for a week with our two young dogs. All essentials were provided and more, there were loads of personal touches that were most welcome. The cottage has a luxurious feel and has been decorated to a high standard. We felt immediately at home and could not believe the attention to detail by Emma the owner, everything you could possibly need was explained in the extensive information folders and Emma was always there to help. This was a very relaxing stay, even with our two young dogs, they were made to feel very welcome too. We felt sad when it was time to go home........would definitely recommend to our friends and family!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Emily S
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cottage”
Reviewed 23 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Lovely little dog friendly cottage in the countryside, close to Coniston and Ulverston. It is set back on private land so not near any main roads and there are plenty of walking routes for dogs. We were left some fresh eggs, milk, butter, bread, shortbread and wine on arrival which was a lovely touch. The owners respect your privacy and we didn't see them throughout our stay but knew where they were if we needed anything. Even though Tethera is joined to other buildings and close to the other cottages it is in a private corner and not overlooked. There is a little garden and courtyard area to use which is great when the weather is good.The cottage itself is beautifully decorated and modern. It is small but very well equipped. I would have preferred a washing machine rather than a dishwasher but it wasn't a problem. We had good WiFi and the full sky package which was a huge bonus and puts this cottage above others we have considered. It was lovely to see all the farm animals and free roaming chickens too. We would definitely recommend.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing