First and foremost, I have to say- This Guest house has a cafe attached to it. It serves the best coffee (Lavazza) and very nicely cooked meals. My hubby and I stayed at the Guest house few times over the past 10 years and witnessed the changes that the owner, Sue and her family made. The accommodations are superb, this time we stayed at room number 7 which had been decorated to a high level of finish. I stayed at 4 stars hotels in the UK that were not as nice as this room. There was a choice of breakfasts we could have and we were served Full English and Vegetarian Breakfasts, cooked to perfection. Mushrooms, beans, tomato, hush, deep fried bread (no extra fat on the plate!), 2 vegetarian sausages/ locally made, Lakeland House speciality sausage. Definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully designed boutique style bed and breakfast guest accommodation in the heart of the English Lake District in the delightful village of Coniston. Coniston Water and the Old Man of Coniston are just a few minutes walk away. Rather than being a traditional Lake District hotel, all of our rooms are offered on a bed and breakfast (B&B) basis, with local amenities from shops to dining just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lakeland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeland House Hotel Coniston
- Lakeland House Coniston, Lake District