“Lovely”
Review of Yew Tree Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coniston
Yew Tree Farm
Ranked #11 of 15 Coniston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Great building with really interesting, unique rooms. Great location for a walk into Coniston in the evening and a huge choice of walks right on the doorstep. Family were friendly and helpfull (advice on eating, walks...). Stayed 2 nights (2 great breakfasts) but would definitly return and stay longer. Very comfy bed, big bath, great cake, roaring fire and glass of port.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Huge thanks for taking the time to review us and with such kind words, We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Caroline

Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I along with our dog Ronnie stayed here in October and absolutely loved it! I wish we had stayed longer, but we were visiting family and seeing different parts of the lakes. The room was so beautiful and we had fresh brownies on arrival that I'm sad to say were gone in about a minute, they were the best I had ever tasted. The farm itself has loads of cute dogs that I just loved and wanted to take away with me and one dog Mo ( I think ) saw I had dog treats in our boot and tried to climb in but bless it its leg were too small ( will update with photos). A log fire at night was a great touch and very cozy especially after a whole day walking. I am currently pregnant so staying up late was a bit unrealistic for me and the fire made me sleepy in no time! The room was magnificent it was 5 star all the way and the family are the sweetest people happy to advise on walks.Cannot recommend enough

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

I am so glad you all had a great time, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Caroline

Reviewed 22 September 2011

What can I can apart from 'absolutely fabulous', an absolute dream of a place to stay and we cannot wait to return. My husband and I stayed for a week and we loved every moment of it, down to the wonderfully prepared breakfast, the afternoon cakes and the glass of port in the evening with a roaring log fire. We have stayed in many B & B's over the years but this is 'top trumphs' even though the weather did not quite behave that could not put a damper on our wonderful week at Yew Tree Farm - well done Caroline & Jon and thank you for such a fantastic week.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

I am so thrilled by your lovely comments, we take a great pride in trying make everyone's stay enjoyable and this makes it all worth while. Thank you. Caroline

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Staying here was a real pleasure and one we look forward to repeating. It is so nice to see a small business which lives up to its PR and in reality probably exceeds it. As for the meat we took home - well dreams are made of this quality, taste and animal welfare. Thank you.

Room Tip: The rain shower was powerful enough to massage those muscles after a good walk.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I am really heartened by your comments and very grateful for the time taken. Big Thanks Caroline

Reviewed 27 August 2011

As an avid Beatrix Potter fan my husabd had arranged this trip as a birthday surprise, on arrival the cottage didnt disappoint, even though there were plastic children toys in view which spoilt the abience. The cottage was as if you were stepping back in time and the fire in the lounge was welcoming. The cottage is well sited for local walks. All was well, until we retired for the evening - in the early hours we were woken by scratching coming from the wall cavities, this continued all night, so despite having a lovely four poster bed, we didnt sleep a wink. On reporting this the next morning we were really flabagasted that were charged for a sleepless night.. A little too authentic with the mice!! Thiswasnt advertised in the brochure! We continued the rest of our holiday at the wonderful Gilpin Lodge without the extra company.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank potterage
CarolineWatson, Owner at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

We are very sorry for your disrupted stay, sadly very occasionally our very unhelpful little friends do get past our many preventative measures and scratch in the walls. I am also very sorry that you felt you had been overcharged, from memory I think we reduced the bad nights stay down to just cover costs and waived the remaining balance of a three night stay. I now appreciate you felt you had not enjoyed any of your experience at Yew tree. Following your departure we closed off the room and set traps all over the house to no avail and thankfully we have had no such reports since.
I do hope that you may try again in the future and that we can make it up to you but do please bear in mind that Farmhouses by their nature do carry a risk of being ' rustic'!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed at this B&B for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was a very old house and old room with some "mod cons" being a new bathroom. No TV meant we sat around the fire at night reading. Did some great walks with the guidance of the owners.

So different to the other places we stayed but we loved the uniqueness of this place.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Holidaybuz

We are so grateful for your comments and love that you mentioned quirky, we understand the accommodation is not for everyone as it is old, historic, rustic based on a farm, but we love it and thoroughly enjoy sharing it with like minded guests.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just returned from our trip to the UK and a most enjoyable stay at the Yew Tree Farm. What a unique B&B. We had a very comfortable and spacious room loaded with character. You felt like you had stepped back in time. There's a lovely lounge on the main floor with a fire going most afternoons, along with some complimentary port to enjoy. Lots of good reading material related to the area and to the history of Beatrix Potter and her connection with the house. Great breakfasts each morning in their lovely breakfast room. An interesting place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family