“Wish we could have stayed longer....”
Review of Yew Tree Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coniston
Yew Tree Farm
Ranked #11 of 15 Coniston B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wish we could have stayed longer....”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

An easy review to write - effortlessly charming, fantastic rooms, wonderful breakfast and lovely staff. Quite simply one of the best places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Wetherlam has a private bathroom next door with a wonderful bath!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
I am so pleased you had a great stay and am very grateful for you taking the time to write a wonderful review, huge thanks, I hope to see you again. Caroline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Second time visit to Yew Tree Farm this time with family from 2 countries abroad - whilst there is a stunning and unique variety of scenery and history in the UK I sometimes think we take it for granted and the comments of our family really brought it home how special a place this is as are the Lakes in general. I have been fortunate enough to have slept in many historic houses and castles but this is about as authentic as it gets and very few farmhouses of this age 17thC remain so untinkered with. Stunning setting even in the depths of midwinter, a good nights sleep and a great breakfast - we even had the privelege of seeing a couple of badgers close up this time. A visit here is pretty much a unique experience far from the realms of chain hotels and theme parks. You may need to book a while ahead - foreign visitors should try this as a once in a lifetime treat if in the area ....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Thedragon22
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
What a wonderful review. Huge thanks Caroline
North Shields
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The romance of Yew Tree Farm was just perfect for our honeymoon break. We were extremely well looked after by Jon, Caroline and Toby and felt so welcome. We don't often feel comfortable in a guest lounge, but we made full use at Yew Tree farm enjoying the cosiness of the fire and the complementary tipple. Lovely friendly collies Hope and Floss also made our dog Jed welcome in the farm yard. Breakfast was absolutely outstanding, the Eggs Benedict rivalling the nearby Drunken Duck on the gourmet stakes. A fantastic location with great walking from the gate. A wonderful bed and breakfast. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our double bath in Wetherlam. It didn't worry us that it wasn't ensuite as it wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HP_Happy_Person
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
I am delighted that you had a super honeymoon stay, it was a pleasure looking after you. I hope we see you in the future. Best Wishes Caroline
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Great building with really interesting, unique rooms. Great location for a walk into Coniston in the evening and a huge choice of walks right on the doorstep. Family were friendly and helpfull (advice on eating, walks...). Stayed 2 nights (2 great breakfasts) but would definitly return and stay longer. Very comfy bed, big bath, great cake, roaring fire and glass of port.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Huge thanks for taking the time to review us and with such kind words, We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Caroline
UK
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I along with our dog Ronnie stayed here in October and absolutely loved it! I wish we had stayed longer, but we were visiting family and seeing different parts of the lakes. The room was so beautiful and we had fresh brownies on arrival that I'm sad to say were gone in about a minute, they were the best I had ever tasted. The farm itself has loads of cute dogs that I just loved and wanted to take away with me and one dog Mo ( I think ) saw I had dog treats in our boot and tried to climb in but bless it its leg were too small ( will update with photos). A log fire at night was a great touch and very cozy especially after a whole day walking. I am currently pregnant so staying up late was a bit unrealistic for me and the fire made me sleepy in no time! The room was magnificent it was 5 star all the way and the family are the sweetest people happy to advise on walks.Cannot recommend enough

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
I am so glad you all had a great time, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Caroline
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2011

What can I can apart from 'absolutely fabulous', an absolute dream of a place to stay and we cannot wait to return. My husband and I stayed for a week and we loved every moment of it, down to the wonderfully prepared breakfast, the afternoon cakes and the glass of port in the evening with a roaring log fire. We have stayed in many B & B's over the years but this is 'top trumphs' even though the weather did not quite behave that could not put a damper on our wonderful week at Yew Tree Farm - well done Caroline & Jon and thank you for such a fantastic week.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
CarolineWatson, Manager at Yew Tree Farm, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
I am so thrilled by your lovely comments, we take a great pride in trying make everyone's stay enjoyable and this makes it all worth while. Thank you. Caroline
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Staying here was a real pleasure and one we look forward to repeating. It is so nice to see a small business which lives up to its PR and in reality probably exceeds it. As for the meat we took home - well dreams are made of this quality, taste and animal welfare. Thank you.

Room Tip: The rain shower was powerful enough to massage those muscles after a good walk.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
I am really heartened by your comments and very grateful for the time taken. Big Thanks Caroline