Just had two nights away in the Lakes with husband at this HF country house. It is owned by the National Trust and leased to HF. We enjoyed exploring the grounds and the grandeur of the rooms.
There is nothing to fault, comfortable bed, very clean. The food was fantastic, I thought the trout with mint and wine sauce was outstanding. My special meal requirements were diligently and kindly dealt with.
The people on the other holidays (folk dance and painting) were very pleasant and the manager John Croxford is very friendly and clearly runs a tight ship.
Thanks, I don't get away without the kids very often and I could not have asked for more on this break (and the weather was good!!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monk Coniston has been welcoming visitors for nearly 70 years. With its enviable location, it has always been attractive to walkers, outdoor enthusiasts, and those who enjoy peace and tranquillity. Monk Coniston offers spacious en-suite bedrooms, fabulous food and a spacious lounge to relax in. Our extensive grounds, which include a walled garden and an exotic tree collection, are particularly scenic, and make a delightful place to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monk Coniston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monk Coniston Hotel Coniston
- Monk Coniston Lake District