“Excellent Food”

Price range: US$16 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Wonderful choice, superb food, amazing relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Good selection of wines too. we love it here.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The host and his serving and kitchen staff were all very welcoming and helpful. Normally, their sign announced, they only accepted non-hotel guests with a reservation, but we could just walk in after our hike had unexpectedly taken us here. The food also was very tasty. In particular, the main dish was 'complete', with plenty of vegetables and a DRESSED salad, and vegetarian, too - all things I have found a bit harder to come by in this country. The Green Valley also had a very wide range of drinks, including the excellent bottle of red grape juice we had.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We planned a visit here without realizing where it actually was. The location is amazing, just out of Grasmere, and the feeling I got when I was there of peace and timelessness I have only ever felt once before in a remote hideaway in Madagascar. We sat outside and ordered starters and mains each, as we'd skipped breakfast. Each dish was amazingly colourful, seasoned perfectly, totally unique and just tasted amazing. The effort and skill that had gone into each presentation was unbelievable. You would expect that a vegetarian restaurant would do something a lot better than my wife's pet hates - goat cheese tart or risotto, but this food was so good I'd happily eat this instead of meat in any restaurant anywhere. I had a salad followed by rarebit, and my wife had the cauliflower and almond soup, followed by a "dinner" choice, as her lunch choice wasn't available. This meal consisted of a bit of everything, brightly coloured carrot and beetroot, a slice of nut roast, onions in gravy, berries and apple sauce. Absolutely amazing. Very friendly staff who encouraged ourselves to feel at home ! this was the perfect choice for our lunch on our day out. And, did I mention, the location is wonderful too.

1  Thank shaunsouthern
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent choice for both vegetarians and vegans....so nice being able to choose from everything on the menu!!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The choice of dishes for vegetarians and vegans here is excellent. The tapas plate and Mediterranean dishes give it an international flair without any pretentiousness. The wine list nicely complements the menu.
Our favourite (even for the carnivores) was the choice at breakfast - I've been a vegan all my life and have never had such a great choice for cooked breakfast! Highly recommend the potato cake, but then again, the carnivorous husband was delighted with his full English and didn't feel like he missed out - that must be the highest compliment!

1  Thank himalheidi1