“Great cheap meal”
Review of The Lamb Inn - CLOSED

The Lamb Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our traditional village pub, the Lamb Inn, the only one in Grasmere Village places a strong emphasis on locally sourced produce for pub food too. The bar is well stocked with many names you'll recognise - making it one of the best real ale pubs too! Real Ales include: Hawkshead Bitter, Hawkshead Red, Hawkshead Windermere Pale, Jennings Cumberland Ale, EPA, Black Sheep, Dent and Golden Sheep. Pub Food: The Lamb Inn serves some of the finest pub food in the Lake District, with something to tempt all appetites. Enjoy a combination of locally sourced hearty traditional pub main course classics to lighter snacks and delicious homemade afternoon teas.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We enjoyed two meals at the Lamb Inn recently. The food both times was excellent. Highly recommend the Yorkshire pudding and the steak and ale pie!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

visited friday evening for a meal with my mother and 3 year old son. staff very nice, lovely place, shame the food was poor. had giant yorkie filled with roast beef, not cheap at £10/£11 , stringy beef, roast pots tasted like they were a few days old. same went for the chips served with my mams gammon. def didnt taste like homemade hand cut chips? at least not fresh ly homemade. wasnt very nice, was edible though. wouldnt rush back.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

After a disappointing visit to the competing Tweedies Bar we discovered The Lamb Inn which is a far better option. We all enjoyed our meals which were fairly priced.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were out and about in Grasmere over the Easter weekend and noticed that Lady Gaga was due to do a ‘turn’ at the Lamb Inn. We went in to the bar and we couldn’t see any sort of stage or anything like that and we asked the barman where it was going to be held. He told us it was in the hotel lunge next door (The Red Lion) so we took our drinks through to other side of the pub. We still couldn’t see any sort of stage and it was quite full and then I spotted a couch with a couple of cushions on it right at the front of the room almost facing everyone else so we sat there and waited, after a while (with no sign of Lady Gaga), I started feeling a bit uncomfortable, as though everyone was looking at us and I was just about to say to my husband “let’s move seats and sit somewhere else” when all of a sudden the lights went out, the smoke machine came on Lady Gaga appeared and, guess what? Yes, we were actually SEATED ON THE STAGE. I am still mortified and so glad we had had a few drinks beforehand, needless to say, during the interval we quickly changed our seats. Also during the interval we were enthusiastically entertained by a member of the audience who danced his heart out - Paul if you are reading this, thanks for the laughs. We had a great night (and Lady Gaga was brilliant too!)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Called in for a late lunch at start of the Easter break (Grasmere was busy, but the restaurant wasn't, which should have been a warning!). My sandwich was horrible, made on supermarket sliced brwon bread; the meat was dry and tough (rejected part of a roast?) and the relish seemed to have gone off, served with stale, browning salad (again, can't have been that day's I don't think). I did get a fresh sandwich made with slightly less toxic-seeming relish but still not fresh, and it was altogether so unappetising I could not finish it. Staff were OK about it, but altogether a pretty dismal experience.