“Awful- give it a miss!”
Review of The Lamb Inn - CLOSED

The Lamb Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our traditional village pub, the Lamb Inn, the only one in Grasmere Village places a strong emphasis on locally sourced produce for pub food too. The bar is well stocked with many names you'll recognise - making it one of the best real ale pubs too! Real Ales include: Hawkshead Bitter, Hawkshead Red, Hawkshead Windermere Pale, Jennings Cumberland Ale, EPA, Black Sheep, Dent and Golden Sheep. Pub Food: The Lamb Inn serves some of the finest pub food in the Lake District, with something to tempt all appetites. Enjoy a combination of locally sourced hearty traditional pub main course classics to lighter snacks and delicious homemade afternoon teas.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We thought this would be a lovely place to eat, right in the middle of Grasmere! We sat outside as we had a dog and large pushchair with us! What we ordered had no resemblance to what actually came. Fresh made bloomer bread turned out to be bog standard sliced bread, and to make it worse it was coated thickly in cheap margarine! It was awful! My daughter scraped the marg off her bread to see the beef, no red caramelised onions anywhere to be seen! I ate part of my sandwich but felt the beef itself was slightly tainted. This was a Wed ,perhaps it was Sundays's leftovers. I couldn't eat it,I honestly felt it could give me food poisoning. My daughter picked up a damp ,brown piece of lettuce- well past its sell by date- dreadful!
My husband complained and we did get a refund on the sandwiches but felt so disappointed. There were so many other places to go in Grasmere and we must have chosen the worst! We'd ordered chips too, they came as French fries- nowadays everywhere does handcut chunky chips,
Who on earth is in charge at this place??? So many foreign visitors in Grasmere,goodness knows what they must think if they eat here!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Variety on the menu. Well cooked. I had lamb - delicious and big portion. My other half had steak and ale pie - very nice - he enjoyed it, but portion not big enough.

1  Thank Emma_C886
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate here on our last night in Grasmere and were pleasantly surprised having read varied reviews. The food was of excellent quality and service was good. Overall very good value for money, will certainly eat here again when we next visit Grasmere.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

First adult starter arrives, 10 minutes later second adult starter arrives immediately followed by first adults main second adults Main takes another 35 minutes to arrive after which our kids wait another yes you have read it correct 40 minutes all "served" by Eastern European waiting staff who could not care less. Food was frozen, processed and tasteless. Hilarious name for restaurant as we asked for the Lamb and were informed there was "No Lamb Inn". Do yourself a real favour and buy a pot noodle and eat in a bus shelter rather than put yourself through this experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Being the only pub in Grasmere, we thought that the food would be good, as we have only had positive experiences at English pubs since we've been here.

We were completely wrong, and had I read the reviews on TA before, we wouldn't have gone here. The food is terrible-- even something as simple as mashed potatoes were awful- hard spots, overly salty- and even after sending it back it didn't make a difference. My friends had vegetable lasagna and couldn't even find any noodles in it.

The staff was nice enough, but after waiting over an hour to get our food and the portions being incongruent with their prices, we WILL NOT be returning, and will tell everyone we know to do the same.

By far THE WORST food I've had in the UK during the month that I've been here.