OK but could be much better with a little effort. Rather 'institutional' and would be much improved with some homely touches - and ditch the plastic flowers. Food okay. But cramming breakfast on to tiny plates does not full anyone into thinking that its a reasonable portion. Pack lunches looked mediocre so don"t bother. They don't change the towels so remember to go along and beg for more if you normally use clean, dry ones. And .don"t expect your bathroom and toilet to be cleaned because they don't do that either. At least they didn't for us! Take a torch because their outside lights aren't" working
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenthorne is run as a Quaker establishment but is open to all. Our charitable work depends on a varied use of the guest house during the year and we welcome a rich diversity of guests. We are conveniently located on the "Coast to Coast" path and walking groups regularly use Glenthorne as a base. Individuals and families come to take advantage of the facilities we offer. We have a large car park at the rear of the property, so parking is not an issue.Its location, within 5 minutes walk of the centre of Grasmere village, with open views over the fells makes it an ideal choice for holiday-makers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Glenthorne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenthorne Country Guest House Hotel Grasmere
- Glenthorne Guest House Grasmere, Lake District