I was here for a weekend with a group. A good time was had by all. The Glenthorne is conveniently situaited close to the village and is perfect as a base for walking, shopping or visiting nearby sights such as Dove Cottage. My room was very nice (ensuite) with a comfy bed and tea making facilities. Breakfast was full English with tea/coffee/toast and various juices. The evening meal was made to order so service was a bit slow but once the food came it was very nice. All drinks were extra. The staff were pleasant and helful and made the beds every day. I wouldn't call the Glenthorne your classic Lakes guest house since it has been vastly extended giving it a bit of an institutional feel but it is certainly very well appointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenthorne is run as a Quaker establishment but is open to all. Our charitable work depends on a varied use of the guest house during the year and we welcome a rich diversity of guests. We are conveniently located on the "Coast to Coast" path and walking groups regularly use Glenthorne as a base. Individuals and families come to take advantage of the facilities we offer. We have a large car park at the rear of the property, so parking is not an issue.Its location, within 5 minutes walk of the centre of Grasmere village, with open views over the fells makes it an ideal choice for holiday-makers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Glenthorne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenthorne Country Guest House Hotel Grasmere
- Glenthorne Guest House Grasmere, Lake District