Stayed for one night while doing the coast to coast - wish it had been longer and will definitely be coming back! Owner was so helpful and even washed and dried our clothes after we fell in a bog on that day's walk. He took the time to chat with us and was so friendly and accommodating. I had a room at the back (had been slightly concerned about potential noise from the road but couldn't hear a thing) that was lovely and quiet with beautiful views. Breakfast was great and all the rooms were obviously recently refurbished - contemporary (which made a pleasant change!!) but homely with lots of personal touches - particularly good pictures :) The soap/shower gel etc was an upmarket brand too, which was also a nice change and a hairdryer was provided. It was 5 minutes out of Grasmere, right on the C2C path. I can't believe that there is a nicer B&B owner or better accommodation to be found in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chestnut Villa comprises eight cosy rooms, each with en-suite shower or bath. The rooms all come with tea and coffee facilities, colour TV and hairdryers. Each room offers a panoramic view of the surrounding fells - a vista that can also be enjoyed from the large, comfortable visitors lounge and spacious dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Chestnut Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chestnut Villa Hotel Grasmere
- Chestnut Villa Grasmere, Lake District