“THE place for good beer and atmosphere”
Review of Tweedies Bar

Tweedies Bar
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Grasmere
Price range: US$0 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Tweedies is the only place in Grasmere for a decent pint and the food is pretty good too. At the end of a long walk, whether or not it is winter or summer, we always end up here for a drink. In winter there is a large wood burning stove to warm you up whereas in the summer the large garden with tables is ideal to relax in the sunshine. The real ales available can be daunting but they sell at 'bat' of beer where you can choose three beers and get a third of a pint of each. The staff are friendly and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend visiting.

There are newer reviews for Tweedies Bar

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were staying at Dale Lodge and decided to eat in Tweedies Bar. The menu was okay as was the service although by chance we managed to engineer a short cut via the kitchens from the Hotel through to Tweedies bar. Otherwise we would have been facing a walk around the outside of the hotel in the pouring rain - not ideal for elderly folk !
I can well imagine that in better weather that the beer garden would be an excellent venue to chill out and maybe the weather did influence my mood during our visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fantastic range of local real ales, Yates Bitter is a regular and is just what the doctor ordered after a tough day on the fells. Food is also good, wholesome home made fare - the bar staff are also very nice (with the exception of one canadian who fells the urge to join in with pro-Man U songs instead of clearing tables and serving beer).

1  Thank Siandj0
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went to the bar for drinks only on two occasions whilst holidaying in Grasmere. First night was a Saturday and there was a live band on which were good. Bar was really busy. Great selection of Real Ales!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

After a long walk on a Saturday afternoon myself and a friend stopped by at Tweedies for a quick drink. It was only meant to be one pint, however the beer and the beer garden (which is fabulous) meant that we stayed for a few. I had booked a meal several weeks previously in the bar restaurant knowing that this would be very busy, arrived a little early and was told that our table would be ready on time. When later on we went to get our table, the waitress took our name and then asked us to hold on for a moment. She then proceeded to talk to another couple at a table, who then ended up leaving. We had no problem getting our table, but it was obvious that someone else had pretended to be myself to get a table - this was possible because the table bookings book was out in the open for anyone to glance through. The meal was an absolute delight, very high standard food. I think the menu has a little bit of something for everyone, it is not cheap but for the standard you are getting it is good value. The only downside of the whole evening was the entertainment that the bar had that night. This consisted of a band playing what sounded to be Irish Folk music, for myself this was a bit grating after such a pleasant evening, I believe that I noticed that a fair few people left at this point to go somewhere else. If I had not been with a friend who adores Tweedies then I would have done the same.