“Great English Pub”

Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Grasmere
Price range: US$0 - US$47
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Great English Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you go to Grasmere, book a table in Tweedies because its always busy. Great food and a great selection of beers. Friendly staff.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“A great 'pub' attached to a lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The 'pub' is in inverted commas because it is more of a bar than a pub but do not be put off. We have had many a splendid pint of real ale in Tweedies Bar and the interior is nice and welcoming. Being mostly wood with very few soft furnishings it can get loud when busy but that's fine. There is a room attached for dining and the food is highly recommended. I think it is the same menu as in the restaurant of the main hotel but don't quote me on that. If you are in Grasmere search this place out.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were here over the bank holiday weekend. We had a few drinks outside admiring the wonderful views of Grasmere. We decided to have Sunday lunch here. We ate inside as there was a few flies outside. We both ordered roast beef with all the trimmings. My husband loved his as he doesn't mind his beef being cooked medium, red/pink in the centre. Where as I do, if id have been asked on how I would like my beef I would have said well done. So therefore I ate the rest of my dinner minus the beef. I didn't complain as we were in a hurry to be elsewhere. I know its not the chefs fault but I do think that you should ask or let customers know it will be served rare/medium. Saying this the rest of the dish was tasty as were the drinks.

• Visited August 2014
Newcastle, UK
“Good food and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've eaten here a number of times when visiting Grasmere, most recently at the end of July 2014 when the weather was glorious. The garden of Tweedies is a lovely place to enjoy the sun.

I don't eat meat and was pleased there was a number of options on the menu, I chose a vegetable pie which I really enjoyed. My husband also had a pie and sampled the extensive beer/ale menu which he enjoyed.

I recall main courses costing in the region of £10 which I was happy to pay for the quality of food and location/setting. The only issue I had with our visit was when we came to pay and my husband had a rather difficult exchange with the barman over paying for our bill (£30-40) by card as they seemed to prefer to take cash over card payment.

I would return here if visit Grasmere again in the future.

• Visited July 2014
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Worst music I have ever heard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Wandered around Grasmere one evening and gave this a try. Live music was advertised, so we arranged to be there at the appropriate time. Service was slow and one of the first times we have ever walked out on live music.