“Excellent breakfast”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Friendly local cafe and bistro specialising in home cooked meals and home baked cakes. Wide range of special diets catered for including gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and meat lovers too!
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely breakfast using really good ingredients. Staff really friendly and cafe is nice and clean. Topped of by lively location.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were so impressed with the food, the service, value for money, options and expert attention to our selection. Two of the family are celiac and they were more than happy with the options and quality.

We had tried every other place in Grasmere to find a decent meal at the right price without success. Greens is definitely a place we will be going back to.

Well done.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well, where do I start. After a very long walk yesterday my husband I ended up at Grasmere and decided to have a bite to eat before heading back. As I am Gluten Free I always struggle with good places to eat as not everywhere caters for this so you're restricted what to have. We found Greens after wandering around wondering where to eat and as we passed the board outside caught our eye straight away saying 'Gluten Free Options'. Brilliant we thought lets go there. We found a seat outside as it was a lovely day and it didnt take the waiter long to bring us the menu. I asked him what the gluten free options were and he went through the menu with me. WOW there was all sorts and whats more, there were gluten free options of most regular things that you just dont see at other places. The choice was massive. There were crisps, toasties, sausage rolls, scones, cakes, yorkshire puddings, beer and much much more. I was so impressed as for anyone who has food allergies will appreciate, eating put can be such an impossible task sometimes. This place is brilliant and we will definitely be going back next time we are in the lakes. The staff were brilliant too, very polite, attentive and helpful. Id definitely give this place 10/10.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend and I were staying at the Wordsworth Hotel but chose this restaurant over the highly rated Signature restaurant and bistro at the hotel as the menu at Greens looked great. We were really delighted with the meal (vegetarian platter and warm quinoa salad); all elements were exceptionally tasty and the presentation was great. So good I'm now thinking of going back to Grasmere at New Year just to experience Greens again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We've just go back from Grasmere, having spent a few days walking. We had evening meals on two nights at Greens. The food was excellent and I liked the varied menu. Staff were very friendly too and asked about dietary requirements. A lovely place to chill & have a pleasant glass of Shiraz! My dog was very welcome too. We'll be back soon, I hope.