“Cake Cake Cake”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Always stop here on the way out if the Lake District at the very least for tea and cake but it's great food as well. Anyway back to the cake, big portions so ensure you have done plenty of walking to deserve it. Also very friendly welcoming service on every visit.

1  Thank improveddc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My first trip advisor review. I lived in Cornwall for a couple of years and remembered cream teas from my youth, and my wife's home made baking. This was nothing like it. Our waitress was lovely and service was pretty quick, however; we asked for the scones to be warmed up and they were delivered stone cold, my wife's jam pot had a crustated hair stuck to it and the clotted cream was in fact whipped double cream. On top of the the tattooed waiter tutted and every guest that left the tea room! Don't believe the hype!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

On an overcast day in the Lake District we thought this tea room looked inviting , how right we were.
The soup and sandwich combination was absolutely delicious , well worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Came across Baldry's during a trip to Grasmere on our holidays to the lakes. We were immediately taken by Baldry's amazing array of home made cakes and lovely outdoor setting areas. The owner had amazing charisma and was full of enthusiasm for his amazing café! I chose the sticky ginger cake ( which was great in taste and size!) and my mum had a spectacular slice of coffee and walnut with a very good cappuccino. The cakes were served on delicate little plates which made the cakes look even more delightful! Coming to Baldry's was a great way to start our long days walking and really made our day!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited Baldry's after a long day walking in the sun! Ordered lemonade and cola soda floats and raspberry and blueberry scones. The soda floats were refreshing, just what we needed after a long day, best scones I've ever eaten, packed with fruit and with a generous helping of jam, only criticism would be that the cream was squirty cream instead of clotted cream! But I'm just fussy! Waiting staff were so friendly with a great sense of humour! Will definitely return on our next break to the Lake District!