“Friendly welcoming staff”

Cuisines: British
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcoming staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staying at Swan hotel we used this Bar most days and staff so kind and helpful. We met Sonia who has worked here for 31 years!! and deservedly retiring next week. What a lovely lady who served us with cream teas upon arrival..

Visited June 2014
Scott D, Manager at Walkers' Bar at Macdonald Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Janet D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed you stay in the hotel and found the staff welcoming.
Sadly Sonia has now retired but she has said she will keep popping in to check up on us.
We look forward to welcoming back in the near future and hopefully you will try one of our new exciting afternoon teas coming soon

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and best gluten-free burger ever”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We had a couple of bar meals here on our recent holiday in Grasmere. Lovely food and good service - but hotel prices - hence a 4 rather than a 5 rating. And they knew exactly what was gluten-free for me and served their homemade burger in a gluten-free bun for me.

Dear Deb M

Thank you for taking the time to write you review.
I was pleased my staff were available to assist you with the menu choices and you enjoyed are burger with gluten-free bread.
We will shortly be introducing some new exciting afternoon teas including a gluten-free full afternoon tea so I hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back to try this.

Kindest regards
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Lunch after walking with dogs”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We (4 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs) called in for lunch following a walk nearby. Had a lovely large table with acres of space which was perfect for us with the dogs.

Good menu overall but a little limited in choices for small kids.

Food overall was nothing more than expected given the prices. I'm not saying the prices are expensive but that they are at upper end of the pub range - hence I expect the food to be of good standard and presented well so I would say average for the price. That said I was happy after ordering the steak and ale pie to be presented with a proper pie - i.e cooked in the pastry - as this is becoming less common.

Staff were happy for us to leave our cars on the car park for a walk down into Grassmere village.

Would be happy to visit again and would particularly recommend to fellow dog owners.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Alan W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I regularly share these reviews with the team
I am glad you enjoyed your lunch down in our walkers retreat with its large table.
Our head chef takes pride in producing the finest, freshest meals and especially his homemade pies which as you have said are cooked in pastry not with just a lid.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate here on several occasions and each time the food was great. There is good choice on the menu something for everyone.

Visited May 2014
Dear Zeddytravels2

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Nice food in nice surroundings.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for an early tea, didnt realise we got 15% off for ordering food between 6 and 7pm but we thought it was reasonably priced anyway! We had the sausage and mash (fab), porterhouse pork steak (very nice), burger (massive) and veggie burger (tasty). Good service by a friendly barman and the dogs joined us too in a lovely room with sofas. All in all we would recommend to anyone passing.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Zoe B

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your tea with us and the 15% early bird food discount which we apply to all meals ordered between 6pm & 7pm every day of the week.
Our head chef and his team are glad you enjoyed your meals and the portion sizes

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future