Me and my partner have been staying around the lakes a couple of times a year for the past 3 years. We don't stay in big luxury hotels and don't try to pay over the odds. My partner booked this for my birthday and as yet the worst nights sleep I've had in the lakes! We had a boiler or something firing up every minute or so next to, or under our room which bellowed for a couple of minutes constantly all night. Also you could hardly breath for the heat even with the window wide open. My idea of a hotel is somewhere to sleep and this wasn't it.
On the up side the room was nice to look at, the hotel was nice ish, the food was beautiful.
Won't be going back and way over priced. If it wasn't for the fact it was a gift I would have made a complaint before paying at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District