The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa
US$210
US$266
Forest Side(Grasmere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,306 results
All reviewssignature restaurantdove bistrovillage view roomcream teajacuzzi and saunachanging roomson arrivalafternoon teaclassic roomlake districtlovely hotelcourse mealmain restaurantan upgradesconeslog firehigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We arrived at the Wordsworth after a snowy drive over from Whitby to find we had been upgraded to a brand new redecorated en suite room overlooking the gingerbread shop and the beautiful rolling hills. The staff were very welcoming on arrival and throughout our weekend break. We ate in the restaurant on both nights because the food was so good. We have been to the Linthwaite Hotel in Windermere before (which was also fantastic) but the Wordsworth was an equally fabulous experience but for half the price. I used the gym whilst I was there and found all facilities to be lovely. We will definitely be going back and we sent our Mum for her 60th birthday. A faultless hotel that I can highly recommend as a special break away.

Room Tip: The newly decorated room on the first floor (first door on the right)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HILARY C
GrasmereWordsworth, Owner at The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Wow what a glowing review, thank you so much. It's lovely to be appreciated. We've now refurbished practically every inch of the hotel so hopefully you will find all the rooms lovely, but the most recent you stayed in must have been Rm 5 over looking the Gingerbread Shop. Happy New Year.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

We had a lovely one night break just before Christmas in this hotel. It has a lovely atmosphere and we found all the staff to be friendly and welcoming. We ate in the Dove Bistro as we were allowed to take our dog into the bar and received an extremely warm welcome from Steve.

We stayed in a courtyard room, small but nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed. The rest of the hotel is decorated in a smart but cosy style, particularly nice for a winter break.

The hotel is right in the centre of the village.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room which was quite small with only a limited view but this is as described by the hotel. The other rooms are much more expensive but I'm sure lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susiesue55

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Steve in our Dove Bistro is wonderful,I agree - I wish I could clone him!!! Happy New Year and please come again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed at The Wordsworth, first time back since '96', and its changed hands been refurbished or in the process, but still has the same charm. We took the 4 poster room which was cosy with a lovely new bathroom and fabulous bedding.
The staff were welcoming and professional throughout the stay but some could do with a tiny bit of training when it comes to the wine, just because it has a screw top it doesn't mean its going to be fine as i was told.
I have to say that some areas of the hotel considering its had a refurb could do with some attention i.e. the decoration in the corridors gave us the impression, coming in from the rear car park refurbishment statement was a bit over stated but I'm sure this is part of the plan for the new owners, but overall did not spoil our stay.
One of the most disappointing things which had we not taken a mini break special price would have left us unhappy was the quality of some of the food, one main course, a steak, was very average and the two breakfasts were poor, with overcooked and dry food on both days. I am not sure how the 2 rosettes have been achieved.

Overall for the reduced price it was great value, location and comfort, but would not have been happy paying the full tariff.
A that said, we would recommend this hotel and will return to see it develop.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GuyJan

We bought the hotel 2 years ago and have since injected lots of life and laughter back into it. Glad you noticed the bedding, it's Egyptian Cotton and once you've had that I don't think you can go back can you!?
I am extremely sorry about the wine, we are always training and improving customer service and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am also shocked about your review of our food as this is something we are most proud of so will be taking your thoughts most seriously and I when we next have the opportunity to welcome you I assure you that you will be blown away!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

had a lovely weekend dispite the gales and rain
can't find a single fault with the hotel - hearty breakfast , great service from friendly staff , fantastic dinner and a lovely room

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KramRolyat
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I recently held my 40th birthday dinner at the Hotel and it was one of the best birthday's I have had. All my guests (around 30 in total) were taken care of in every respect. The food and wine was outstanding and the service seamless. Infact, the waiting staff were so professional, we barely noiced their comings and goings. Everything I had requested prior to the event was undertaken and then some. I can't recommend them highly enough. It was the kind of service you would expect at a top London venue. If you are holding an event and want piece of mind, this is the place. Many thanks to all.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JO S

Many thanks, we were delighted that you chose us to celebrate your birthday. Many Happy Returns!