This was a lovely 2 night break. The room we had, No 12, was spacious and had a lovely bathroom. The dinners we had were excellent and breakfast was very good as well. The staff were very efficient and good at their jobs. The hotel has two beautiful sitting rooms which are a rarity in hotels these days. Both overlooked the gardens so very tranquil places to sit and relax. Pool and Jacuzzi were fine - didn't try the sauna as access was from the corridor outside the changing rooms so a little bit awkward. My only small complaint is that we were charged a fee for paying by credit card - have never had that in a hotel before either here or abroad so was a bit surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District