We have stayed at many hotels including the Hillthwaite near Windermere.
Here the rooms were slightly better but food and service were nothing like as good as the Wordsworth. (We waited over an hour for afternoon tea!) The staff at the Wordsworth make it run like a well oiled machine. Food here is fantastic and staff friendly and helpful. Changing room for the pool is a little small and the lift rather old fashioned but these are very minor compaints. Over the years we have seen the hotel evolving. Everything cannot be done at once. Some of the reviews are a reflection of the writer rather than the hotel. We have booked another visit in December when Grasmere is magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District