We stayed at a last minute pre-Christmas break and had a wonderful time. The hotel was decorated lovely for Christmas with a roaring log fire in reception. Our room was large with a 2 seater sofa easy chair and massive comfy bed. The lounges were lovely as was the bar with plenty of comfy chairs. All of the staff were friendly and attentive and we enjoyed breakfast each morning with plenty of choice you couldn't wish for more. Our second day was dreadful weather wise so we enjoyed a couple of hours in the spa all by ourselves. We also hsd a very nice meal in the adjoiningDove bar. Our only niggle was the heat in our room, heating off fan on window open it was still too hot, but all in all a most enjoyable break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel And Spa Grasmere, Lake District