Jessie and me like a day at the Lakes on the Saturday before Christmas and have often enjoyed morning coffee or lunch in the Wordsworth Hotel in Grasmere. This year we decided to stay the night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. A wedding made the hotel busy but didn't affect our stay. Room 15 at the front of the hotel was more than comfortable and the bathroom first class. Dinner was excellent although the dining room could have been a wee bit warmer on a wet and wild evening. Ideally situated for visiting Reghed, Keswick and Ambleside the Worsdworth in Grasmere would be an ideal base at any time of the year but our one night stay certainly added to our yearly pre-Christmas visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District