Only there for one night - special rate with small afternoon tea, bubbly before dinner. A classic room - lovely - spotlessly clean - huge comfortable bed, nice bathroom. The receptionist was exceptionally helpful when we booked over the phone the week before - offered an upgrade for £10 which was worth it. All the staff were so friendly - the waiters, even though busy had time for a chat and were all so pleasant! The dinner was excellent - the supplement for the scallops were worth it - best I've had anywhere. Wine was very reasonably priced and the service faultless. Would go back tomorrow. Have stayed at most of the hotels in Grasmere previously - this is now our 'favourite' - definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District