Stayed for a weekend on the 16th may and we timed it quite well considering either weekend had awful weather but this weekend was very hot. Its in a little village which definitely made this hotel better. We got a deal from amazon local which was discounted spa treatments, 5 course dinner on the first night, afternoon tea for two and a breakfast on both mornings. The spa was really nice; a swimming pool, jacuzzi and a sauna which was nice for us on our long journey getting there. The 5 course dinner i must say was actually exquisite, i loved every course and wished i wasn't so full that i couldn't enjoy my dessert at the end! Afternoon tea, best scones i've ever had!
Although the hotel was beautiful, i did have a couple of bad points. Breakfast didn't have much choice, it would have been nice to feel you could choose what exactly you wanted for breakfast instead of full english or veg full breakfast and more choice on the buffet table.The rooms were small... we actually had an upgrade to a village view as the courtyard room were fully booked (and these were smaller!) There was no safety deposit box which sucked for us as we didn't come by car as most people do and had to take our valuables everywhere. And also although i'm not sure if it was because unfortunately i was sick (no fault of the hotel i must say) but it was very hot in the room but i've seen from past reviews that i wasn't the only one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District