Our 2 night break was booked by our family as an anniversary gift. The reception staff were very welcoming and we found a complimentary bottle of wine in our room. All the staff were friendly but not intrusive and nothing was too much trouble. Food in the main restaurant was excellent. Our room was comfortable with a huge bed. We were at the back so no view, but we were out all day so the lack of view didn't matter. The only fly in the ointment was the error on the bill at checkout. We were charged again for our accommodation even though the break was paid in advance. We were refunded once they had found their error, but it did take the gloss off our anniversary celebration. Would I recommend/ go back? Yes, but make sure you have receipts for any advance payments you make.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel And Spa Grasmere, Lake District